3

*Party's POV*

I woke up early, before the sun rose, and noticed Rancid was sitting up, playing with her fingers.

"Morning."I said, my voice coated with sleep. She turned her head and smiled.

"Hi, sorry about last night I was w-"

"Hey, it's not a problem. Now I'll help you to the kitchen and you can eat. It's been a long time since you have correct?"

"Yeah. Can...can I meet your team?"She asked.

"Of course! I'm sure they'd love to meet you."

I got off the bed and pulled my boots on. I reached out a hand for her to take since she was injured but she kindly rejected and tried to stand by herself. She stood up slowly and made it to the doorway, biting her lip, before her leg gave out and I caught her.

"Take it easy, you're still healing."I said in a mild voice. I looped my arm around her waist and helped her to the kitchen. She sat down at the booth and looked around.

"Nice place you got. I'll have to show you mine one day." I got her a can of Power Pup as well as myself and placed it in front of her. I went to go get her a spoon but she had alreadyturned the lid of a can into a spoon. I smirked and sat across from her, placing spoons in front of her and I.

"Makeshift spoon huh?"She dropped the lid and gasped. Did I say something wrong?

"Uh, yeah. I used to do this. Where'd you get spoons?"She said, before shoveling down the food.

"Woah, easy...but we raided a store in the very beginning of the fires. Took a lot of shit. So we have a lot of useful items."

"Happen to have a brush?"She asked, gesturing to her hair.

"Yeah I'll go get it."I said, walking off.

*Rancid Sauger's POV*

Party Poison walked away just as I finished my can of Power Pup. Another guy walked over to me and sat down, crossing his arms intimidatingly. He had bright blonde hair and was wearing a red leather jacket.

"Hi! I'm-"

"Where are you from?"He asked me.

"The zones. I'm not with BL/ind. I swear."

"Name?"

"Rancid Sauger but you can call me Swizzle."

"Kobra Kid. Party's brother."

"Party has a-"

"I don't trust you. Change my mind about you. And don't you dare fucking hurt my brother."He said before speeding away. Party came back with a brush and a smile on his face.

"Here, I found it in the bathroom. This used to be a pretty cool diner before the fires and the Helium Wars."He handed me the brush and a mirror as he took away the Power Pup. I started to brush through my hair until it was back to normal and not as messy and tangled. When I looked up, party was looking at me in dismay.

"What?"

"Nothing, just looking at your tattoo."I blushed and  pushed my hair out of the way for him to see the tattoo on the back of my neck. It was a balloon. It was in memory of Makeshift. When we met each other, we both got the same tattoo, his was a black balloon mine was white.

"Oh, me and a friend got it after the wars."

We kept talking until the man who was doing my bandages walked from outside, yawning and rubbing his eyes.