BONUS: Luke's graduation

This happened somewhere after chapter 21

To say that Michael was nervous was quite the understatement. He kept tugging on his shirt and wondering if he should have put something else on. He knew he had to look decent, but he was wondering if he was underdressed, while sitting in the crowd. Everyone was dressed up incredibly fancy and God, even Luke's mum had pulled out her prettiest dress.

All of his worries floated away the second he heard Luke's name be called, a soft smile spreading across his face as he got up and cheered along with the blond's parents. He smiled wider as he noticed the flush on Luke's cheeks, which hadn't been there before despite the heat. It was July after all, with today being a perfect day to show off it was summer. The sun was bright up in the sky, with very little clouds joining it, and just the softest breeze flowing to cool everyone down a little.

Michael watched proudly as the blond got his diploma, shaking the hand of some man Michael had no idea of what or even who he was exactly, and bowing for the crowd, before holding up the paper happily. Liz snapped some pictures and Luke's brothers whistled and clapped loudly. The slight embarrassment was clear on the blond's face, but Michael found it absolutely adorable, joining in on the loud clapping.

The ceremony took a little longer than hoped after that, with all the graduates  assembling on the stage before throwing their caps in the air. Michael knew Luke had marked his with a golden circle, not sure why but figuring the blond wanted to find it back and keep it then. Which once again, was endearing in Michael's eyes.

"Oh, my boy is all grown up!" Liz nearly squealed, happily pulling Luke into a hug once the blond had come their way. Michael was snapped out of his thoughts by that, a fond smile on his face as he watched the blond get hugged by his family. He stood back politely, letting them have their time. After all, he would have the whole evening with the blond. With permission from his parents, obviously.

"Alright, I think you have enough pictures now mum." Luke whined, finally able to escape all the snapping of the camera and sighing as he moved backwards, to put a little more distance between himself and the camera, just in case. Considering Luke had never been the best with balance and that he was walking backwards, it was bound to happen that he tripped. Only for Michael to catch him, as cliché as it could be. "Careful now."

Michael noticed a light shiver running through the blond, as he helped him back to his feet and smiled softly as he turned to face him. His eyes lit up as they met Michael's, a smile spreading on his face. "You came."

"Of course I did. This is an important moment in your life. Couldn't miss it." Michael spoke truthfully, smiling sheepishly. The blond in front of him chuckled softly, the happy look on his face not once faltering. "Thank you."

"Dad!" A soft voice squealed, before the tall blond was approached by a small girl. The smile on his face widened a little, as he bend through his knees to accept the girls opened arms with his own, picking her up and holding her close as he spun them around. "Aries!"

The girl giggled, holding her dad tightly and kissing his cheek multiple times. "Congratu- um..."

"Lations." Michael whispered in her ear, making her repeat it happily to her other dad, a wide smile on her face. Luke chuckled, kissing her cheek in return and rubbing her back with one hand. "Thank you, baby girl."

Aries hummed, her arms wrapped around the man's neck and face turning to Michael, a big smile on her face. Michael knew she was always extra happy when both her dads would be there and he couldn't blame her. He himself was happier too with Luke around. He couldn't help it. "Hug!"