Chapter 15

"Daddy, what do?" Aiden mumbled tiredly, looking at his dad. Calum turned on his side, taking in his son and thinking, before shrugging. "We can go on a walk?"

Aiden whined, scrunching up his nose. "Boring."

Calum chuckled, before thinking about it some more, trying to think of things they hadn't done yet. "We can always swim again?"

"Swim yesterday." Aiden pointed out, making Calum remember when they went to the beautiful small beach. He also remembered what had happened with Ashton and how he had realised he was definitely gone for the man with the curly hair. It sucked, but he couldn't escape it anymore. He had a crush on someone quite out of reach.

"How about we go see if the reception has any suggestions. Is that an idea?" Calum proposed, remembering the most hotels had some brochures of things to do near the hotel. Aiden nodded, stretching and then happily getting up, no longer tired. He moved to pick up his bag, grinning widely at his dad. "Can take, yes?"

Calum smiled, going to get his own bag ready, just so they could go wherever right away in case. And if they had really forgotten something, they could always go back anyway. "Ready then?"

Aiden hummed and took his dad's hand, letting Calum lead him out of the room and to the elevator, before taking it down and walking into the lobby. The dark haired male moved to the stand right next to the reception, letting his eyes scan all the different brochures to try and find something they liked. "Hm, most of these are excursions we did or will do."

The small boy looked around the lobby, not really that interested in watching his dad take in the brochures. Of course he wanted to do something that day, but he wasn't really interested in hearing his dad mumble to himself and pick up different pieces of paper.

And of course Aiden spotted Ashton the second he saw the man exit the elevator, grinning widely and waving with his free hand. "Mister Ashton!"

The man turned his head when hearing his name, smiling when seeing Aiden. He approached the boy, making Aiden grin even wider and in turn making Ashton chuckle. "Hey buddy."

Calum turned his head in confusion, eyes widening a little as he spotted Ashton squatting in front of Aiden. He bit the inside of his cheek, feeling them heat up a little at the travel guide's presence, especially so close and especially after what he had realised yesterday.

"Oh, Daddy!" Aiden perked up, grinning at his dad before looking back at Ashton. "Mister Ashton can tell what do!"

Ashton hummed questioningly, before spotting the stand behind Calum and getting up. "Are you guys looking for something to do?"

"Oh, um, yeah." Calum nodded, smiling a little sheepishly. Aiden hummed, nodding. "Yes. No swim, no zoo, no lighthouse."

"Alright. Well, have you two checked out the mall on this side yet? It's smaller, but very nice. They even have a Build-a-Bear there." Ashton proposed, smiling widely. Aiden gasped at that, having heard of the store before but never having been there. He then looked up at his dad, smiling widely. "Go! Please, please Daddy?"

Calum couldn't help but smile at the way Aiden smiled so widely at him, nodding. "Yeah, okay. We can totally do that."

Ashton smiled as Calum looked at him, nodding as well. "Enjoy then. I'll see you two around."

"Bye!" Aiden waved at Ashton as the man walked off, seeming to go to the beach. Maybe the same spot as yesterday, Calum thought, before shaking it off. Did it matter? No. Well, Calum wanted to say yes because he kind of wanted to spend time with Ashton, but he knew it was better this way. That way his crush couldn't get in the way of him having fun with Aiden.