Chapter 3

The colours of the hotel were easily spotted from a distance, making most of the bus let out excited sounds. Mostly from the kids, as a few parents had fallen asleep, just like Calum. Ashton had kept an eye out and talked with some kids or played a small and easy game. Nothing he wasn't used to.

"I see it!" A girl screamed through the bus the second she spotted the hotel, making all the sleeping parents stir and wake up.

Calum rubbed at his eyes tiredly, yawning quietly. He then remembered where he was and the first thing he did was look for Aiden. The small boy was still cuddled into his side and awake, looking up at his dad with a big grin. "Hi Daddy."

The dark haired male chuckled, kissing the boy's head before stretching a little. "Hi bub."

"We here." Aiden mumbled, pointing to the colourful hotel. Calum hummed, watching the hotel while the bus parked. Ashton had by then gone back to the front of the bus and was standing in full view again, holding the microphone. "If I can get your attention for the few remaining seconds of the ride."

Most kids kept their eyes out of the windows or didn't pay attention at all, but all the parents did, knowing the travel guide knew everything the best. Of course they also knew most of the information was in the envelope they had gotten, but it was always easy to have someone tell you.

"As you may have noticed, we are parking in front of the hotel. I ask you to stay seated until we have stopped moving completely. After that you can exit the bus, please without pushing, and retrieve your suitcase before we all move to the reception to check in. Make sure you have everything and don't rush anything, we have all the time. Thank you for listening." Ashton finished, putting the microphone back and moving to gather all his own stuff.

Calum waited until the bus had stopped moving and then unbuckled himself and Aiden, leading the boy out of the bus. He made sure they both had everything, before waiting for his suitcase to be unloaded.

The driver took out all suitcases, ignoring the way one or two kids whined about it going slow. Calum could already see how there would be kids whining about whatever with everything, hoping Aiden wouldn't pick up on that. He knew the boy was never really whiney in the first place, but he did pick up on things easily.

"Daddy? We go to room?" Aiden mumbled, watching how his dad took their suitcase and moved a little from the group to give them space. He looked down at the boy, humming. "In a bit. The nice travel guide is going to make sure we have a room first."

Aiden nodded, standing close to his dad as he watched everyone, deciding who he might like. He wasn't sure and he knew not to judge until he met someone, but doing some speculating never hurt anyone.

Once everyone had their suitcase, Ashton guided everyone into the hotel and to the reception. He then politely asked everyone to find a place to wait in the small lobby, so he could check everyone in properly. Everyone did and soon one by one, Ashton was handing out the cards for the rooms. He called off everyone on his list, checking their names whenever he handed them their card.

"That's everyone, so if you would all listen for this last announcement, then you're free to go to your room and have your free time." Ashton started pretty loudly, making everyone turn to him. He was smiling once again and clapped his hands together when everyone was looking, nodding lightly. "Thank you. Now, you have all received a card, which is the key to your room. The number of your room is on the sticky note that's on it and it opens the room by putting the card in the lock with the small white arrow down. For now, you can go to your room and unpack, maybe even nap. I propose that we all have dinner together tonight, as a way of meeting the group properly. It's not obligatory, but it would be nice if you would join. In case you're interested, we're all meeting here in the lobby at half past five."