Chapter Seventeen - Prison Breaks and Underwear

Hermione POV:

Three weeks had passed since the incident at Malfoy Manor and with Harry. Draco was still in the hospital wing but I had received a note from him this morning so I guess he's awake again. He had been in and out of consciousness and I had been there almost everytime, except when he woke during classes of course. I spent most of my time in the hospital wing, reading to him and changing the flowers on his bedside table.

I glanced at the Daily Prophet. I swore. There had been two more breakouts in the past week alone bringing the total to five breakouts including Lucius Malfoy's one. The very first breakout since Voldemort had been defeated. All prisoners who had escaped were all dangerous death eaters from high security vaults and no one could work out how they were doing it.

I huffed and hurried to get changed. I had been training in Occlumency lessons with Professor Slughorn since the night after the ministry officials had come. Professor McGonagall had thought it was compulsory if I was to ever have a good night's rest. I wanted to see Draco before class. I showered quickly and picked out an outfit. Ginny had coached me well on outfit picking over the last few weeks and so I thought I'd try my own hand at it. I pulled out a white chiffon t-shirt so that it could be tucked into a floral white high waisted skirt. I figured a pair of nude strapped heels would pair nicely with this.

 I figured a pair of nude strapped heels would pair nicely with this

I smiled at my reflection and grabbed my bag. As I headed for the door, I bumped into Luna.

"Good morning Luna!" I said cheerfully. I looked down and my face dropped as I saw her bloodied hands. "Wha-" I started to say.

"Morning Hermione. Oh, don't worry, I've just been feeding baby thestrals."

I should have known.

"Oh okay, that's great Luna. I'm sure they're very grateful" I replied.

We hadn't seen much of Luna lately, she had been staying with Neville in his dorm a lot because he was all by himself. The word out was that Harry hadn't yet been sentenced to prison yet because the ministry were still trying to get him to tell them how he helped the death eaters escape but he hadn't budged. They were highly against using Veritaserum on him but as more escaped, I think they were getting desperate. Nothing had been published in the papers yet and I was quite glad they hadn't. I needed to contact Ron and see if he could maybe talk some sense into Harry. I just wasn't ready for that hurdle yet. I promised myself I'd write to him tonight.

I climbed out of the portrait hole and made my way towards the hospital wing. When I got there, I found Draco sitting at the end of his bed, fully dressed eating a Granny Smith apple. He smiled one of his rare smiles and my heart warmed at the sight before me. It was a sunny day despite the snow and the rays of sunlight shone down through the glass windows and reflected off his white blonde hair. I ran into his arms and they snaked around my waist as he hugged me.

An electrical current surged through my body as I felt his fingers touch my arm and I opened my eyes to meet his gaze.

"Good morning Granger." He said in a sultry voice.