Chapter 16 and 17

*author's note: I realized after I wrote this that in the movies Aunt May doesn't know Peter's Spiderman. I was always pretty sure she'd guessed, and in my story she knows*

Chapter 16~ Peter's POV

'Aunt May?' I say down the phone. 'I'm coming home. I'm coming back to New York.'

'Peter. Just remember not to make the same mistakes your father did. Sometimes the choices we make distance us from the people we love the most. Remember, you have a choice. I'm not telling you what to do. But don't come back because of me. And don't come back because you think it's what your dad would have done. Do what you need to do, but remember that at the end of the day, you're Peter Parker, not Spiderman. Follow Peter's heart.'

Chapter 17~ Gwen's POV

The next day is the same as the next, and the next, and the next. Trying to enjoy Oxford, trying to get Peter out of my head, totally without success. Crying a lot. Missing Peter. Not making friends. Missing Peter. Not sleeping. Missing Peter. Missing Peter. Missing Peter. All I wanted was Oxford, and now all I want is him. All he wanted was me, and now all he wants is to be a hero.

Maybe I was right, what I said earlier this summer. We're on different paths.