Chapter 11~ Peter's POV

Gwen squeezes my hand in childish excitement. 'We're really here!' she whispers. The wheels begin to turn, we're almost in the air. Oh, man. England. I can't believe I'm leaving Aunt May. I told her I'd facetime every day, and write her letters with photos too. I try not to be bothered about not being in a university. It's way too late to apply; I got into a bunch of them back in America, but the sudden change in plan, for all its excitement and romance, means I'll have to wait a couple of years to attend uni.

Gwen smiles at me, and it doesn't really matter anymore. I don't mean like in romantic movies, when your girlfriend smiles at you and all your problems disappear; I guess that doesn't happen in real life. It's more like, if I weigh up going to university, and waking up to Gwen's smile, Gwen's smile wins hands down.

We talk about leaving for a bit, until we get so tired we don't make sense anymore. Gwen picks some documentary on chemical structure to watch on the mini airport TV (she really is that smart), but I pull faces at her and prod her kidneys till she laughs. The old man next to me glares at her, which makes her laugh even more. 'Okay, Parker, I'll stop pretending to be smart and talk to you'. We basically replay all the weird inside jokes we've had over the past few years and laugh ourselves into oblivion, until the air hostess tells us to be quiet, that it's 12.30 AM American time and passengers are trying to sleep.

Once she's gone, Gwen stifles her giddy laughter on my shoulder. 'I didn't know they even did that!' We watch some romcom in sync on the TVs, knowing we won't be able to sleep, and before we know it we're in Heathrow Airport.