Chapter 18 and 19

Chapter 18

The weeks pass by. Gwen starts to enjoy Oxford. She spends all the time she can there, studying and writing and experimenting. And forgetting. Everytime she leaves, and walks out to her one room apartment alone, her heart breaks a little more. Just a little. But her days are busy enough to make the sleepless nights less painful.

Peter hasn't touched his Spiderman suit since he left her.

Chapter 19~ Peter's POV

'If I could, then I would, I'd go wherever you will go...' I turn off my iPod; it's not letting me ignore all the feelings I need to. The grass I'm sitting on is too cold under me and the ring I bought Gwen is burning a hole in my pocket. I turn on some heavy metal song, but even that makes me think of her. Screw it, I need to sort this mess in my heart out. I make a list in my head of all the reasons I can't be with her; the promise I made her father, it's dangerous for her, she's in Oxford, I can't be Spiderman in Oxford, I can't see Aunt May in Oxford, I can't go to uni for a few years in Oxford, she deserves someone who can give her their full attention, I don't want to get too close to someone and have to do what my father did. Leave. That's eight reasons. I sigh, and stare across the River Thames. 'And maybe, I'll work out, a way to make it back someday...'