The Rising Moon p.13

After James' visit, I had a difficult time going back to bed. I couldn't close my eyes without a terrible thought of this mini battle James and others were attending. So I listened to my Ipod and laid across my bed, until 9 o'clock. Bobbing my head to "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, I got out of bed and head downstairs to the kitchen. The house was notably vacant, the only people I passed by were a few of the butlers and maids.

Finally, the kitchen.

The song on my Ipod switched to "Unthinkable" by Alicia Keys, as I scanned the fridge for eggs and orange juice. I gawked through cabinets for a small pan, then through the large pantry for seasonings familiar to my nose, that Mia uses for cooking. I stopped, the thoughts of what I heard Mia and Domonic doing drifted through my mind. I quickly shook them away when I heard laughter, picking up the salt and pepper and headed towards the stove. I turned the stove on and sat at the bar stool and sung along with Alicia. Through the kitchen door skipped in three happy vampires, Violet, Victoria, and Mia, their cheery voices buzzed past my earphones and down into my ears. They walked by me, ignoring the fact the I was present in the room, and sat in the bar stools a few chairs down. I'd expect it from complete strangers but not from Mia, I sighed and walked over to the stove and cracked the eggs. I grabbed a near by spatchula and immediately began to scrabble the eggs, I added the salt and pepper and scrambled some more. Their laughter grew louder, and then they were silent, I could hear the twins' voices, but it was hard to make it out. All I could decipher was a "Really? Is he good?", I wouldn't be surprised if they were talking about Domonic, because the next thing I heard was "Oh, he looks like a rebel." and that was a pure definition of him.

I stopped scrambling the eggs and turned the stove off. I looked through the cabinets for a plate, and the drawers for a fork, it would have taken me years to find them if I didn't come across them while looking for a pan. I dumped the eggs on my plate, not caring if any fall to the floor, and dropped the pan in the sink, making a loud 'ding', bringing the girls eyes on me and silencing their gossip. I looked over at them and smiled, "Morning." and snatched my plate and headed over to the bar. The sound of a chair scraping the marble floor, followed after my actions, Mia stood on the other side of the bar, clearly pissed.

"What's your problem?" I popped an egg in my mouth and shrugged

"I forgot to get the kethup, would you mind handing it to me?" I started bobbing my head to the music, but it suddenly stopped and all I could hear was silence. Mia had my headphones in her cold hands, "Now what's YOUR problem?!" I bellowed

"Why are you acting like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"I'm not acting like anything, why didn't you give me the descency of acknowledging me this morning?"

"Because you didn't look like you wanted to talk!" she started to walk back to the twins

"Oh, and by the way, where the hell where you last night? I thought we were going to do some girly sleepover thing." she stopped

"I was down at the party, you were sleeping so I didn't want to wake you up!" she quickly defended

"No you weren't! Stop lying! The party was over at midnight, and I was up after that!" she quickly turned to face me

"Why do you care anyway?!"

"Because I thought we made a deal!" she was taken back by that

"What? Are you saying I was with Domonic?" did she really think I was stupid

"I KNOW you were with Domonic! I went looking for you and when I walked by his room I could hear you two!"

"No you weren't! I couldn't hear you!" she was really upsetting me, she's so oblivious to the fact that she's being used. It really made me mad, at her, at Domonic, at myself.

"You probably couldn't hear me because you were too busy panting like a fucking dog!" I could see the hurt in her eyes, I didn't mean to say that, but I say a lot of things when I'm beyond upset. But her anger quickly turned into rage, she was inches from my face within half a second. I got out of my chair so we were on the same level.

"You know what I think?," she hissed, "I think you're just jealous that he wants me, that he's had me. And you want him all to yourself, which won't happen." was she serious, I know she doesn't think that, but her words just upset me even more.

"You know what, Mia. I feel sorry for you, you refuse to realize that you're just being used for your body. I can't believe that you would think I'm jealous of a desperate slut like youself." I spat, at this point I didn't even care what came out of my mouth. James was right, when we're angered, we say the truth, and the truth hurts. Mia's eyes turned from pear green to jet black, her nose flared, and her breathing increased. She slapped me, hard enough to make me lose my balance, and for my canine tooth to slice the inside of my mouth. The taste of blood, MY blood, made me sick to my stomach, I could feel it leaking quickly onto my tounge. I could hear Victoria and Violet gasp,

"Mia, that was uncalled for!" one of them said, but she ignored their comment and asked me a question

"How does it feel to taste your own blood?" she spat, the way she said it made me angrier than predatorial lion whose space was invaded. I did one of the most insulting things I knew, I looked up at Mia and spat blood and mucus in her face. She was taken completly off guard by that, I knew the blood would drive her crazy, but the mucus would repulse her.

"I don't know, you tell me." I hissed and ran out of the kitchen, I placed my tounge over the cut to help the bleeding stop. But I was in a house full of vampires, it's not like they can't smell it and go on a bloodlust for it. But just when I thought the worst couldn't possibly happen, I ran into Remmy, his hard body knocked the breath out of me, and knocked me to the ground. I saw that the others were back, some had ripped jeans but that was the worst damage that has happened to them. He looked down at me, a little confused, but he smiled.

"Whoa there," he handed me his hand, "you alri-" he stopped in mid-sentence, he closed his eyes and smelled the air. I messed up big time, I opened my mouth for more air, then quickly closed it. He balled his fist, and he went stiff, as did about 20 other vampires behind him. I scambled to my feet, and backed up, the lust in his eyes kept me from turning my back. The blood from my cut started to flood in my mouth, making it harder to breathe, I didn't want to choke and die on my blood, but I didn't want to stop breathing. A cold hand grabbed my wrist and hurried me up the stairs, into my room, father. With Troy behind me, I ran into my bathroom and spit the blood down toilet, with puke not too far behind. I rinsed my mouth with water and hydrogen peroxide, I balled up some toilet paper and put it in my mouth to help stop the little bit of bleeding.

"Neri, what happened to you?" I could hear father ask, I left the bathroom and sat on my bed

"Nothing happened." my voice muffled

"Well your body didn't start bleeding on your own." Troy spoke

"Well today it decided not to, I still have another week before that happens." I sassed

"Cut it out Neri, be serious. You better be lucky that they know how to control their thirst. What happened?"

"Oh my gosh! Nothing happened! I just cut my tounge with a fork!"

"Really? Is that why you were running so frantically back to your room?"

"Yes."

"And is that why Mia has blood and spit all over her face?" I looked at him confused, how did he know that

"What?"

"Neri, I'm 2,934 years old. I'm not stupid, and you have yet to learn the powers I possess. And reading your past is just one of them." ah man! whatelse is he going to pull out of his hat, an evil bunny? "No, I don't like rabbits." he laughed

"If you want, I can move you to a different room?" Troy suggested, I nodded quickly, I'm not staying with some hormonal crazed vampirc chick.

================================================

Sorry it took so long for the next part, I was down in Jupiter (city in Fl.) for a softball regional tournament, and I'm going back next Monday for the worldseries and sorry its so short, I gotta go do math :(