The Rising Moon p. 14

I packed the last of my belongings, which wasn't much considering I just moved in. Violet and Victoria took Mia out to the city, because it's an overcast day and the weather is perfect, but we all know it's to keep the drama to a minimum. I staggered towards the window and watched as the clouds suspended over the earth, as the garden was being tended and cared for, and as a few Elders amused themselves with golf on the far east side of the garden. It was unusually striking outside, as if Death spawned today's gloom. The trees were still, and the roses black, the vampires that ambled outside appeared deathly pale. These creatures seem be charmed by the shunned and forgotten, it's nice to know that everything is being appreciated.

"It's nice outside, huh?" the sensual voice made me jump, I turned to face Sebastian, he had a grin across his face and started towards the window I vaded. I crossed my arms and rested onto the wall.

"What are you doing in here?"

"Well, if you must know, father asked me to help you move your things," he turned and glanced at my many bags. "I'm sure you could use the extra help."

"And exactly where will my things be moved to?"

"Well Alex and my father thought you'd be more comfortable downstairs. You'll be closer to the garden and since no one stays down there you'll have access to more windows. "I stared out the frosted window before I replied.

"Fine with me." I turned to help him, but he was already headed out the door with all five of my bags. I quickly trailed behind, seeing that he thought I was behind him, or he just wasn't going to wait. I followed him through the historic corridor and down the staircase, he lead me to a room in very back of the mansion passing by other rooms that I planned on venturing later.

"Oh, and I forgot to mention the lake. Alex said you're fascinated with the one back in Africa." That made moving a little better, maybe I could find some connection with this new American lake. Sebastian finally came to a halt; he stood facing the door for a few seconds before craning his head to look at me. "You gonna get that?"

"Do I get a please with that?" I asked dodging bags to get to the door; I opened the door but wouldn't get out of his way.

"Please?" he teased; I walked in backwards, and smiled.

"There you go." I slowly turned, and absorbed my new environment. The whole north part of the room was walled with windows, letting light pour into every corner. It was the same rich purple accented with gold, the bed was centered in the middle of the room and the head of it was against the window.

But what lay beyond the windows seized my heart. A lake, so big and scenic, it placed me right into my fairytale dreams.  A forest of trees lined the edge of the water, with a cascade of the season's leaves washing onto the shore. I hadn't realized that my body led me to the window, with my mouth gapped. "So you like it, I assume."

"Like, is an understatement Sebastian," I breathed. "This is beautiful." Faint footsteps were closing in, and Sebastian was next to me pointing towards the forest.

"About three miles out, is our guest house. It's a mini replica of this one, and it's where we younger vampires tend to celebrate." He grimaced

"And exactly what do you celebrate?"

"Well, what every other teen in America celebrates. Freedom, youth, and curiosity." I turned to him; his eyes were faint from the overcast of the light. It tinted his hazel eyes making them a creamy brown. His face was smooth and flawless with a little stubble under his chin; his lips were red and inviting. He chuckled, snapping me out of this, trance. I pretended like I was looking at my feet, but he obviously saw me, "Tempting, isn't it?"

It is. He's beautiful, they're beautiful.  I shrugged, "Don't flatter yourself. Well," I propped myself from the window. "I should get unpacked, unless you're supposed to help me with that as well?" Sebastian chuckled and started to the door.

"Now that you can do." He closed the door behind him, and I was left to dwell in the magic.

James P.O.V.

The room was dead, lifeless. Father was out with Troy and the other Elders, playing golf; Remmy took Dominic out hunting, Sebastian and Tyler were in the game room, and the twins took Mia to the city. That leaves Neri, wherever she is. I sluggishly sat up from the pillow, analyzing the past 24 hours. The bloodlust for victory lingered in me, quenching for more, the cries for help, but deep down in their hopeless hearts, they knew no one could help them. Something Neri shouldn't know about me, I live up to my ancestor's name- blood craved. Muffled steps came towards my door and briefly stopped, "Come in."  A blood filled Dominic opened my door, with Remmy right behind him. "That was a quick hunt."

"Yea, well we decided to come back early." Dominic spoke

"Really," I sighed. "And why is that?" I laid back on the bed

"We're trying to get all of the Royals together and head out tonight to the city. You know to celebrate our small victory." I didn't have to look up to see that it was Remmy.

"Sounds like fun."

"Well you don't make it sound fun with that attitude."

"I'm just thinking, is all. I'm excited for it."

"That's more like it," they both started walking away before Remmy came back. "Oh, and you can invite Neri. If you want." And he was gone, I chuckled and walked to the window.

Now why do I have a bad feeling about this?

=================================

I want to apologize again for the long wait, I have conducted a schedule to upload so next Sunday, be prepared! And sorry it's so short, I'm trying to get back into the groove ;)