The Rising Moon p.7

* * * * * * * * * *

Laughter fill the humid air, as I ran through the North African terrain. "I'm going to get you! Run faster!" my father called out to me

"No you're not!" I said picking up my speed, passing sleepy zebras, and nosey prairie dogs.

"We're getting closer Neri!" my mom laughed,

"No! Because I'm getting farther!" I ran even faster, feeling the air whip across my face, I smiled wide; those were happier times

I knew I was dreaming, I remembered this memory from when I was seven. Only in it's changed a little, the sun was being shielded by gloomy clouds, animals weren't grazing the...grass? I slowly decreased my running speed until I was at a total halt, the grass wasn't grass, more like hay. Even though the air was dry, we still had some rich green terrains, and this was one of them.

My smile faded, everything started to seep into an abyss of darkness, my surroundings slowly started to fade its color; black and white. I quickly turned around

"Mom?"

No answer

"Dad?"

They were gone

The humid air started to drop drastically, the sun dress I was wearing wasn't going to help me stay warm, I quickly covered my naked arms. The harsh wind started to burn my throat with each breath I took. It started to get colder, and colder, and colder, I could see my breath dance out of my mouth. I sat on the ground, and quickly brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, to warm myself. Something chilled lightly landed on my shoulder, then it landed on my arms, I looked up and it was snowing.

I looked infront of me and I saw a broad figure far in the distance, hope ran through me, I stood up thinking it was my dad. I smiled and called to him

"Dad!" he didn't move

"Dad!" he didn't move, I started walking to him, and the wind picked up, desperate to be in his warm arms I started running. The snow began beating against my body with force, it started melting making me wet. I was getting closer to my dad, just ten paces away, his back was turned to me,

"Dad?" it didn't seem like my Dad, he seemed taller, he had more hair, and well built. He was wearing a black collared shirt and dark jeans, something a younger person would wear. I was hesitant if I should speak again or not, I tugged slightly on his bottom shirt, "Dad?"

A low growl came from the unknown man, "Dad?" everything that happened next was a blur, the last thing I saw coming at me, was a bloody mouth with fangs attached.

* * * * * * * * * *

I could feel my body being shaked violenty, "Neri? Neri? Wake up!" I could hear James voice break through my nightmare, I blinked a a few times. I was freezing, goosebumps vaded my body, I glanced at my hands and they were shivering; along with the rest of my body. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, thinking of the heat, the sun, thinking of Africa. When I reached my warm state, I looked around me, five curiously beautiful faces made a semicircle around me.

"Are you okay?" father asked, I nodded my head

"Why are you all surrounding me?" I said raspy

"You were shivering, and goosebumps started to cover you. You were unusually cold for a human inside." he explained

"I'm fine." I said annoyed, getting the hint in my tone, they all left- except for James, he looked at me concerned. He took an uninvited seat infront of me, to ignore his gaze I looked out one of the eight jet's window.