The Rising Moon p.10

NOTE: I want to apologize just in case the story seems unfinished in this part because I'm limited on my time today, softball tournament in the morning!!

Cups were being refilled, laughing tourmented my tired mind, the night was still young, but being bored can knock me out. Picking at the chocolate lava cake, my eyes wandered around the dinning room, Troy and his family was the only family not seated with another family. My finger started tapping on my fork, making an annoying sound when it hit the plate, so I ceased the tapping. I glanced at the clock, it was 10:55, I promised myself that I would dismiss myself at eleven. Father was talking up a storm with the idian couple, I listened in a little on their conversation.

"So your son and daughter are in the city?"

"Yes, they wanted to go sight seeing with some of the other royal children." Lord Aadi informed, so apparently I didn't have to be here, why didn't anybody tell me that, I sighed and sat back in my chair.

"You okay?" Mia asked, placing her cold hand on my back, I thought about that question for awhile. I removed the napkin from my lap and dropped it on the table

"Yea," I said getting up, "I'm just tired." I quickly walked out the door, knowing that father would be disappointed by how I 'rudely excused' myself. I was halfway to the stairs when I heard footsteps trailing me. "What?" I said turning around to see James, he stopped, taken aback by my crackiness, but continued to walk towards me.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm tired, and would like to get to bed, then I'll think I'll be just fine." I said turning around, but he was blocking my path when I was fully turned

"What did you think about that speech?"

"It was alright, it didn't matter to me." I shrugged, his face went serious, and it woke me up a little, "Why?"

"You know this war should matter to you Neri, you're not thinking of all the possibilites that could happen."

"And how would you know, I have thought of them." I tried going around him, but he was still infront of me

"Because I could hear your thoughts when the speech was given."

"Well maybe if you stay out of my head, we wouldn't be having this problem. Now good night." I stepped around him, but he grabbed my arm and pushed me up against a wall, "What's your problem!"

"Right now you are," that hurt, but it silenced my talking, "have you really thought about this, the outcomes that could happen?"

"I already told you I did." I hissed

"No you haven't, if you had then you would be a nervous. If we lose this war, what's going to happen to you? Because I can tell you that you're not going to be living a normal life if we get killed."

"I don't have time for this." I tried to walk away, but he wouldn't let me go until he got his words in

"Well you better make time. Like Troy said, they've gotten stronger and smarter, we're still the dominant species, but that doesn't mean they can't beat us. If we get killed, then I'm more than positive that you're not going to have a pleasent stay with the wolves- if they even let you live.," my heart skipped a beat, "I see I got your attention, what the wolves do to their hostages is merciless. When they put fear in their eyes, it satisfies them and makes them want more. They like to be in control of your emotions, it's their favorite weapon. I don't know how they treat women, but I think we both can guess on the many things they would do.," he let go of my arms, "So you better start caring if you want to see Africa again." I haven't thought about all that, but now it's stuck in my head, repeating itself, I walked around him and stopped just before the stairs.