The Rising Moon p.6

I turned to face the Royal Mansion, I took a long minute to take in every detail for the last time in a long time; the longest minute of my life. The sun dipped into the horizon behind the place I came to call home, the tasteful hues of the falling sun, blended together, giving a breathtaking view. The purples, oranges, pinks, and creamy yellows whispered goodbye to me for the first time. I'm going to miss my lake, my room- my Africa, the exotic flowers that rest in every corner, the sun kissing your skin, the animals, but most of all the last memories I shared here with my parents. My beautiful parents.

An artic touch pulled me away from my attempt of remembrance, "We'll be back." James soothed, I looked down, eyes stinging with tears

"Really? This is a war we're going out to. Just...just think about that statement." I turned to face him, he pulled me into his chilled body

"Neri," he breathed into my hair, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you." a crystal tear escaped from one of my gray eyes

"But how can I prevent anything from happening to you?" I said just over a whisper

James P.O.V.

"But how can I prevent anything from happening to you?" Neri uttered, I craddled her soft warm cheeks into my cold hands, with my thumb, I wipped away a shedded tear. I looked deep into her infinite gray eyes, and spoke the truth

"By living." she searched my eyes for more, but that was all I had, that was the best answer I could give her. She will never know how much her life means to me; my father. The rythmic beats of her heart, her warm body, and her spirit- it was a loving spirit, a forgiving one. Everything she does, she does with so much love. I never knew one human could have that much. Especially after what she went through, at such a young age, when she decided to stay, she isolated herself from the house. We only saw her when she decided she wanted to eat, bathe, and to go to the back of the house to sit near the lake.

I would watch her as she lounged near the lake, some days she would dip her feet in the murky water, and watch ripples ring out to the center. Other days she would bring her knees to her chest and just sit there, she would stay out there for hours. I was never intrested in what she did while she sat there, but rather what she spoke.

She would speak to herself, only it didn't seem like she was talking to herself. She would talk to her parents, tell them everything on her mind, what she did for the day, how she missed them, and how she wished they were here. Her voice entranced me when I would hear her just talk from the heart, not because she had to. It was so soft and sweet, it brought a smile to my face, I would eavesdrop on her private conversations everytime she traveld out to the lake from my window. Then one day she stunned me, it was her 13th birthday, and I could hear bearfeet running past my room, I didn't have to hear her heartbeat to know it was Neri. I ventured over to my window, and saw a teary eyed Neri placing a folded piece of paper into the lake, there was writing on the top. It said 'Mom and Dad'.

She didn't sit, she just stood there for a few minutes and watched as the paper sunk to the bottom of the lake.

*****FlashBack*****

"I love you Mom and Dad," she cried, "but we all have to move on.." she wipped her tears away and turned to head back to the house. She stopped in midstep, and glanced up to my window. I quickly disappeared into the shadows of my room, if my heart wasn't dead, it'd be fluttering. When I was positive she was gone, I looked at the last place where note had stayed afloat.

A week later she started opening up to the people, vampires, of the house. It only took her a month to finally show her true colors, she seemed loveable- happy. That was all my father ever wanted her to be, I don't think I'll ever know the true reason why her wanted her to stay. He only tells the ones who ask, that he has always wanted a daughter, but I could tell there was more.

Out of everyone in the house, Neri seemed to grow the closest to me and Mia. I was overwhelmed that I would be so close to a human, to the way they live, I've never been so curious. Humans are a wonderous species to me, beautiful. But as Neri started to get older, her beauty started to take place. To her flawless brown skin, her long black hair, to her slender yet curvy body; I couldn't help myself but take an intrest in her. But her bottomless gray eyes enchante any onlooker, vampire and human. They captivate you into knowing more about this person.

But as Neri started to get older, she rarely went out to the lake.

*****FlashBack End*****

"James and Neri," my father called out to us, "come we must get going." I grabbed the last of mine and Neri's bags and threw them into the back of the limo, I turned to face Neri, and she hadn't budged.

"Come on, we have to go. It's a long flight ahead of us." I held my hand out to her, and she slowly took it. I assissted her into ther limo, and she sat besides Mia. Father thought it would be a good idea if Neri had a female friend that she knew. Domonic started drinking from a bottle of blood with one of is favorite maids wrapped around his arm. She looked like she had all the things she could ever need in her never ending life; she's just another oblivious girl not seeing that she's just being used- again. Father sat quietly looking out the window as we pulled away to the airport, Mia started chatting up a conversation to Neri who obviously wasn't paying much attention, just a 'yea' and 'right' here and there.

"What do you think the girls in America are like?" Domonic questioned me

"I don't know, spoiled?," I joked, "You'll find out when we get there."

"I don't think I can wait. Their either hot or not. Which one." he egged, I simply just shrugged

"I'm not intrested in dating american women."

"Whatever."

I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply, 'This is going to be a long trip, huh?' Neri's thoughts seeped into my head, I just smiled at her. It sure is..

=====================================================================================

so please comment, and tell me what you think. I hate to make it so short....but please let me know!!