The Rising Moon p.11

I laid across my bed, dying to get to bed, but I was waiting for Mia. I figured we could stay up all night- morning, and talk about girl stuff, the dinner was over an hour ago and I began to worry. So I decided to go on a little hunt for her, I ventured down the main corridor, and found an empty game room, silent living rooms, and deserted bathrooms. Giving up, I headed back to the room, passing James' bedroom and Domonic's, but not before I could hear panting and banging on the wall. I stopped and listened, "Oh Domonic!" it sounded like Mia's voice but I couldn't be sure,

"Mia.." Domonic sighed, I covored my mouth in disgust, I ran back to the room and blanketed myself with the satin covers. I could have been sure that Mia would have thought about her decsions with him. I was thinking on why she would just go with, maybe he pushed her into it? Maybe she took my promise too literally, I did forget to tell her she was beautiful today.

Whatever.

I would just talk to her in the morning about it. My eyes were weary, and I'm dying to get to bed, who knows what these vampires had planned for the morning. I slowly drifted into a deep sleep, slowy drifted into the threshold nightmares...

* * * * * * * * * *

The sky was red, with a black cresent moon peeking through gray clouds. I looked around, there was no sign of my parents, I looked down at my hands, MY hands. Not my hands from years ago, I was at my present age. This is different from any other dream that has tourmented me, I wasn't in Africa. I was in the middle of a dark forest, and I could hear animals scurry across the forest floor. Creatures you would normaly see during the day were running, but they had to be running from something. I turned to face the direction they were coming from, and the last few ran from the darkness that troubled them.

I turned back around to see where they were hiding, but I saw a grief stricken James. He looked helpless, it sadden me to see the look on his face, his green eyes were so vulnerable. I walked to him, but he shook his head, "James?" he looked down and mummbled something, but I couldn't hear him, "What? James what's wrong?" he looked up at me with...tears in his, "James?"

"Run." he uttered, before I could question his response, I heard heavy breathing and constant growls behind me. I slowly turned around, to see a, wolf, which is an understatment. It was big, huge, its coat was white and coarse, fangs made for ripping through the toughest of objects, savage claws sharp enough to slice a human in two with no hesitation, and a body of a seven foot man on its hind legs.

Head of a wolf.

Body of a man.

I slowly backed up, almost tripping over a rock. The beast rose on it's hind legs, and let out a spine chilling roar, I quickly turned and made a run for it, avoiding as many obsticals as I possibly could. I could hear the wolf chasing after me, its heavy breathing encouraged me to run faster. My lungs started to burn and my legs grew weaker with each stride I took. Eventually my lack of energy caused me to trip over my feet, I face planted into the dry dirt, and quickly turned on my back to see where the wolf was.

I didn't hear or see it, I looked deep behind every bush for a hint of white. Finding none, I started to back up, feeling safer on the ground. I heard a low growl behind me and stopped. I looked up with caution and waited for the worst to come, my hands searched for a rock or heavy stick that I could use to defend myself. I my head was completly faced up, and I found nothing. So I craned my head left and right, and still nothing. I slowly got up and checked every corner of the forest again, relief came over me and I rest my hands on top of my head.

But all too soon.

Everything was a blur, I was knocked to the earth, with a deep scratch along the side of my arm. I cried out in pain as the cut bled out, I covered it with my hand trying to stop the bleeding, but that was the least of my worries. There was another white blur and the beast was above me, trapping me. I grabbed a near by stick and banged it on the creature's head. It didn't do much but anger the monster, and break after the second blow.