The Rising Moon p.9

"What are you wearing?" I questioned Mia, she was wearing a tiny red dress that hugged her body, it stopped to her mid waist, and it had a halter. She scuttled over to her suitcase and pulled out a pair of black peep toe stilettos. She ventured over to sit on the edge of her bed, she slide her foot in the shoe and examined the entire outfit from the mirror inside her closet.

"A dress, if you forgot." she joked, satisfied at her reflection

"I know that, I mean, why are you dressed so nice? It's only dinner."

"Yea," she said taking the shoe off, "but it's the first dinner."

"First dinner?" I looked down at my clothing, I hadn't planned on changing, but I guess I might have to

"Yea, all the royal families will be here tonight for dinner. Like a welcome party," she placed the shoes near the door, "you're not wearing that are you?"

"Well...I was planning on it"-

"Great!," she cut me off, "Let's see what you have, we only have fouty minutes to get ready." she fished through my suitcases until she found a small bubble gold dress that I don't remember packing, "Perfect!" she sung, she fished a little deeper and pulled out my favorite gold, jeweled heels. She laid the dress on the bed, and placed the shoes at the foot of my bed. "There! Now go get dressed and I'll do your hair and make-up."

"Yes ma'am." I smiled, looking for a clean pair of underwear and a strapless bra. I grabbed the atire that Mia picked for me and headed for the bathroom, I got dressed quickly, excited to see what Mia has planned for hair and make-up today. I walked out of the bathroom and checked how the dress fit me, in Mia's mirror.

"Aw!," she gasped, "The dress fits you beautifully!" she was right, the top of the dress made my waist look tiny and my bust a cup size bigger, the dress fell four inches above my knees, showing off my long legs; but of course the heels will make them longer.

"Thanks! You just have to do the little details my friend." I said waving her over to the bathroom, I sat down on the toilet seat, she followed me with her make-up kit in her hands and the curling iron, "I want to look natural." I was never into the heavy make-up, it takes away too much of a person's natural beauty, so I don't wear it unless it's a special occasion.

"Close your eyes." she said pulling out the eyeliner, I did so and I could feel her cold touch my cheek as her steady hands started to put the eyeliner on me, "Okay, open your eyes," she said replacing the eyeliner with mascara, "you should wear make-up more often. It makes you look even more prettier, but it's not like you need it. Look up," I did, and she brushed my eyelashes with the mascara, "okay, I'm done with the make-up. Before we go down, you can dab a little lipgloss on your lips."

"Hair time!" I squealed

"How could I forget the hair!" she said pluging in the curling iron, the iron was big, so my hair would curl in large locks and add body to it.

She started parting my hair with her thin fingers, "Geez girl, have you ever thought about getting your hair cut? It would do me some good in the near future."

"Nope, I love my hair too much, I like this length. No shorter and no longer." my hair falls just below my butt when it's straight, but when I wet it, it curls up to the middle of my back. She ran the iron through my hair, I could feel the heat, not afraid if she was going to burn me.

Half way through curling my hair, the silence started to get to Mia, and I regreted not thinking of a topic idea, "So, I think James kinda has a little crush on you."

"Why?" I asked a little interested, because I have more than just a crush on him

"Well, have you noticed the way he looks at you?"