The Rising Moon p.12

James P.O.V.

Car keys and groups were being assigned, Domonic, Remmy, Sabastian, and I were together. Tyler was put with the younger vampires, which was the europeans. We headed outside to the garage, my mouth dropped when the door slowly raised itself; I was in car heavan! I ran over to a jet black Lambroghini Gallardo, and slid my hand across its slick exterior. "I see you've upgraded since the dark ages." I joked at Remmy

"Whatever," he laughed, "all of them are customed made." did he just say ALL of them? I looked around, completely oblivious at the other thirteen cars and motorcycles. Every other vampire, started fueds over which car they were going to take, which is dumb, because they have keys, they basically dont have a choice.

AW MAN! I forgot all about the keys, "Please tell me we're taking this car." Remmy and Sabastian chuckled

"Duh! Like I'm going to let anyone else take my baby for a ride," he said walking over to the driver's side, "and my dad knows I don't like anyone else riding her but me."

"Her? You gave your machince a gender?" Domonic questioned

"Yup, and a name, I call her Midnight, you can't see her in the dark unless the headlights are on. Or the street lights relfect."

"So is this your 'special woman'?" Domonic joked

"Yes she is!" Remmy gloated

"Wow, I should find you some help."

"Don't be jealous because I found my better half, and you have to prostitue yourself to find whatever you're looking for." and before Domonic could get his words in, Remmy settled himself in the car and started up the engine. It had a soft purr, that made it different from any other Gallardo I've ever seen.

"How'd you get it so quiet?" I asked getting in the car

"Oh, you're going to have to ask Sabastian that. He's like the car guru."

"It's pretty easy if you know your cars James," he sounded like my tutor, " remove the rear vallance pipes, remove the vacuum pipes, block it up with screws, and off you go! We don't like loud cars, our ears are pretty sensitive, and we don't want any enimies, knowing of our arrival." I pretended like I knew what he was talking about, I just like nice cars. Which this was, there's usually two seats in a Gallardo, but there was four built in this one. All the vehicles in the room started, and there was a relaxing humming nose, one word.

EARGASIM.

My ears were loving it! Domonic jumped into the backseat with Sabastian, before we headed out of the garage, two black hoodied vampires on motorcycles zoomed passed us, fast. Before I could try to identify the figures, my head was thrown back into the headrest. Remmy went from zero to 60 in less than a second, I could hear the rest of the cars trail behind us. The gates opened and we headed down the smooth road of death...

The road started to get bumpy, and our surroundings started to enclose us in a wooded area. Not too long after, we came to a halt, the two figures stepped off their bikes and pulled down their hoods. I looked dumbfounded at who they were, my father and Troy, I never knew they could look so mysterious and lethal. Remmy turned off his engine and stepped out the car, I mimicked him, as did Sabastian and Domonic. I stretched my muscles, the drive was two hours long, I usually don't like sitting that long so I'm not looking forward to our trip back. I turned around to see the others getting out the car, and waiting for further instructions. Troy began his talking- as usual.

"The rest of our journey has to be on foot, the tribe is just a few miles northwest," he pointed, " for future refrences, smell the air. What do you smell?" the question was retorical, "Nature, now smell the air, and this time take it in. You get a slight scent of musk and blood together, that is your wolf you are hunting for." everyone smelled the air once more, it took me awhile, but I caught onto the scent. The elders have an amazing sense of smell, even for vampires, all five of their senses much stronger than the royal childrens'. All we had to do now, was hold onto it, which might be the hardest task any of us has ever come across. The scent was not alluring in any way, I would go the opposite way if I ever came across it, but it also might be the easist. They oder is the only one of its kind. "In the back of your trunks, you should find a black hoodie, wear it to help camouflage yourselves."