chapter 17

*Tyler's POV*

My heart beats faster and faster as i think over the events of the past few hours. I still can't believe what a jerk I was to my friends, and how much pain I caused. Why didn't i think of the consequences? Why didn't I realise that to them it wouldn't seem like a joke? I didn't even know that it was their first time, so I didn't think it mattered as much. Damn it, I always ruin the happiest times for people. 

I felt an arm around my shoulders and I was being pulled into someone's chest, and undoubtedly it had to be Troye. Poor guy, he must feel as horrible and torn up as I do, Zoe's one of his best friends after all, and yet he still finds the heart to comfort me. Not only did I hurt my friends, I also induced pain in my one and only. This only made fresh, hot tears steam down my face as i srunched Troye's shirt in my fists. 

There was rattling coming from the door, as though keys were having trouble opening the lock. Everyone froze and fixed their gazes onto the door, which soon opened to reveal Alfie with his arm around Zoe, one hand still on the doorknob. Nobody said anything, nobody moved. Time stood still as we all stared at eachother. Zalfie was still at the doorway.

Tension was building, and the silence around us thickened, and as the temperature seemed to rise I felt like I was being suffocated. All the pain and betrayal which I had caused was crushing me, and I couldn't take it anymore.

I broke the still silence and ran towards Zalfie, immediately engulfing Zoey in a tight hug. I started sobbing into her shoulder, and inbetween breaths i tried to push out my feelings into words, although they barely made it into whispers through the sobs. Still, they were heard.

"Zoe I know that I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but please believe me when I tell you that I am so so sorry. I have never regretted something as much in my entire life. Nothing is worth risking your friendship and I love you like a sister, even though my jerkosity yesterday doesn't show it. i know that what i did was wrong and i don't know what i have to do to make up for it, but God as my witness I WILL make up for it. Im just so sorry"

To my surprise she put her arms around me and hugged me back, and said;

"I know Tyler, Alf and I have talked this out, and we realise that you didn't really mean any harm, that you just wanted a laugh and probably didn't know at the time how much it meant to us."

After a few seconds I pulled away slghtly and, looking at my shoe, I asked in a hoarse voice;

"So you don't hate me?"

She gave me a small smile and said, "No, I don't hate you, all is forgiven"

And with that I let out a breath which I hadn't noticed I'd been holding and pulled her back for another hug. I was shaking as relief washed over my body and my muscles started to relax. It felt as though the air became lighter, like its heaviness was lifted, and it was no longer trying to crush my very being. Slowly, but surely, my heart started o slow down back to it's normal pace.

From the corner of my eye I saw Troye approaching Alfie, he looked relieved but you could still see an aura of guilt surrounding him. He told Alfie that the recording had been deleted, and he apologized profusely. The rest of the accomplices followed and after 5 minutes everyone was a teary, red-eyed, hoarse mess. But at least our friendships were salvaged and the situation was starting to blow over. Even though we were forgiven, I was sure that this wouldn't be forgotten. I had to find a way to make it up to them, somehow I'd avenge my actions and prove to them that they really do mean the world to me.

After we'd calmed down, light chatter filled the room. Marcus was in the kitchen, along with Dan and Phil who he's managed to convince to help him with the cooking. Truth be told they looked like lost puppies, that his until Dan dipped his hands in water and started flicking it into Phil's face. Those two are sooo adorable! The rest of us were lounging on pale green, leathery couches in front of the Tv (which was turned off), just chatting and cracking jokes.