Chapter 79 - Begin Again

Author's Note: Holy cannoli! Thank you guys so much for the 2K reads on this story it means so much to me. We have finally arrived at Season 6 of Glee. I really hope you enjoy this chapter which takes place during the first two episodes of Season 6, 'Loser Like Me' and 'Homecoming'. I hope you all enjoy :) 

 After a few days at the hospital they let Puck and I take Lexi back home with us. She was actually a pretty good baby. She ate well, slept, and cried only some of the time. The hardest thing for me with having Lexi was balancing school and taking care of her. I was lucky to have Puck home with me for the next few months. For me the hardest part was when I had to stay late at school when Lexi had a rough night. As much as Puck tried to take care of her for me her cries did end up waking me up.

I was able to finish my 4th semester at Yale which I was proud of. For the gap year I decided to take Puck and I both thought it would be best if we headed back to Lima. My mom was excited to help us out with Lexi and I had gotten offered a job with the local paper there. Apparently completing two years worth of courses at Yale really meant you could get a high paying job in Lima. I knew going back there was what was for the best.

My mom greeted us at the airport as I carried a sleeping Lexi. "Oh she is so precious Quinnie...she reminds me so much of you," my mom said amazed looking at Lexi. "Thanks mom...she's been pretty good so far," I smiled a bit as we put her carseat in my mom's car and drove back to Lima.

My mom had a room set up as a nursery for Lexi when we arrived at her house. "Mom this is great," I smiled a bit. "I wanted the best for my granddaughter," my mom said seriously. "We really appreciate it," Puck agreed as I put Lexi down in her crib. "Oh it's no trouble. It's good to have you both back in town," my mom beamed. "We're glad to have the help," I smiled as we sat down with my mom to catch up while watching the baby monitor carefully.

Lexi was pretty fussy when she had woken up. I tried to walk around with her for awhile. "Oh my," my mom frowned. "She's not usually like this," I sighed. "Why don't you let me take her. Don't you have to head to the Lima Times soon?" my mom asked. "I do but..." I began. "But nothing. She'll be alright," my mom assured me as she took Lexi from me. I sighed "As long as you're sure mom," I said. "I'm positive," my mom said as I headed out for my first day at work in Lima.

Working at the local paper in Lima was so different from what I was used to in New Haven. Instead of being one of the journalists I was one of the heads of the paper. I had to make sure everyone's sources were valid and I was in charge of picking the best pieces to publish in the newspaper. I couldn't help but frown seeing the first article I was handed. "Rachel Berry back in Lima?" the article was all about how after quitting her Broadway Play, Rachel had a botched career when she tried to star in her own TV show 'That's So Rachel' which was a global flop. The sad thing was she was the laughing stock of the town because of that show. I was especially surprised that Rachel had come back to Lima. Had things gone that badly after her TV show that she couldn't get jobs in New York which resulted in her coming back to her roots? I didn't know.

I read the article and soon found out that Rachel was starting up the Glee Club yet again at McKinley with the help of Kurt. I was shocked that Coach Sylvester would let such a thing happen but I was glad the Glee Club was starting up again. Just then my phone went off. It was Rachel. "Hello?" I answered. "Quinn...hey...it's Rachel," Rachel said. "I was just reading about you," I said. "Really?" Rachel said confused "Yeah...It said you're starting the Glee Club at McKinley again," I said. "Wait....where are you?" Rachel asked. "I'm back in Lima for the year...why?" I asked. "Oh my Gosh that's perfect. I was going to see if you and Puck could come out here to help me recruit new members of the Glee Club," Rachel beamed. "I'm sure we can fit that in," I giggled a bit. "Great...Come by the auditorium on Monday. I'm inviting all our friends from the Glee Club. Hopefully everyone can make it," Rachel said nervously. "Well Puck and I will be there," I assured Rachel. "Thanks Quinn...it really means a lot to have you come to help," Rachel smiled. "Of course...see you Monday," I smiled a bit as I hung up.