Chapter 19 - Reputation

As the weeks wore on less and less people seemed to care to follow my lead anymore. It was like I had lost everything. People shoved me in the halls, they didn't move out of my way like they use to. There was no fear in their eyes when it came to me. That broke me. I wanted a way to get myself back on top. I decided to make a Glist. A list of who the hottest members of the club were. The point system was set due to sexual actions. I was pregnant after all so I knew that made me on the top of the Glist. I put Santana second. She had just stolen Finn's virginity which was kind of a huge deal. Puck I put 3rd since he was by far one of the top people at this school who'd been with pretty much every girl.

I followed Puck with Brittany who had made out with basically everyone in the school. Followed by Jesse who was the Vocal Adrenaline hottie I was sure he had done something to gain a bad reputation. I then put Finn, he had definitely stepped up his game since he and Berry broke up. Mike and Matt I added to the list. I decided not to drag Artie, Kurt, Mercedes, or Tina into this just because they weren't exactly what this list was about. I put Rachel last with a -5 just because she rejected advances from not one but two guys, Puck and Jesse. She deserved to be last for that reason. I printed out the glist and hung it up on Rachel's locker. I wanted to be sure Berry was the first to see that she was last and that she would never measure up to me.

I walked off feeling like I had accomplished something. If these glists would go around school it would take me from nobody to somebody again. I needed all the boosts I could get at this point. It wasn't like anyone was going to look at me otherwise.

The Glist wasn't the highest topic of conversation at first with Coach Sylvester's embarrassing viral video of 'Physical' taking over most people's conversations. 'It's only just a matter of time,' I thought to myself as I headed to Glee Club rehearsal.

I sat at Glee Practice with Kurt and Mercedes. "Did you see the whole Glist that's going around?" Mercedes asked me as I nodded. "Kurt and I didn't even make the list," Mercedes said sounding somewhat annoyed. "Right? I mean it's like we didn't even exist," Kurt complained. "No offense Quinn, but my bet's on your boyfriend making the Glist. It's not like he bothered to get to know any of us like you have," Mercedes said. "I don't think Puck did it," I said quickly. "Quinn, I hate to say it but Mercedes is right. Who else would make a list and put you and Santana at the top of it?" Kurt asked. I bit my lip almost wanting to explain that I had done it but my thoughts were interrupted by Mr. Schue coming into the choir room angrily holding up the Glist.

"Who did it?" Mr. Schue asked us annoyed "This is serious. Principal Figgins is threatening to disband the club." "Why are we playing this game? We all know it was Puck," Santana snarked. "Back off. I didn't do squat," Puck defended himself. "Then why is your girlfriend first on the Glist?" Tina shot back "And why am I last? Aside from the fact that I refused to put out for you," Rachel shot at Puck. The more everyone was accusing Puck, the worse I felt about making the Glist. I had only had the intentions of the Glist boosting my popularity.

"Okay, enough! No one is accusing anyone of anything," Mr. Schue said to all of us as he then asked "Puck, seriously, did you do it?" "I said no," Puck snapped back upset at the fact that he was still being accused. "I'm a delinquent, sure. I like setting stuff on fire and beating up people I don't know. I own that. But I'm not a liar," Puck said as Mr. Schue seemed to accept that, much to my relief. "Alright, here's the important point. Between this and posting Coach Sylvester's personal video on YouTube you guys are getting a pretty bad reputation," Mr. Schue said. "Why is that a bad thing? Maybe if we seem more dangerous, people would stop flushing my glasses down the toilet," Artie said simply. Mr. Schue sighed as he began handing out the sheet music to 'Ice Ice Baby'.

"Look, things are hard right now. I get it. You're under a lot of pressure with regionals coming up. I know that winning sectionals hasn't had the positive effect on your popularity that a lot of you thought it would. But becoming what you despise is not the answer," Mr. Schue said. "Man, this song is wack," Mercedes said as she looked at the song. "No, it's not. It's a terrific song on a long list of top hits that, because of time or some bad press, has become a joke.