Chapter 37 - Faberry: An Unexpected Friendship

Rachel and I arrived at my house. "Quinnie is that you?" my mom called. "Yes mom," I called as she approached me. "Oh I didn't know you invited a friend over. I don't believe we've met," my mom smiled as she greeted Rachel. "I'm Rachel Berry, it's nice to meet you," Rachel smiled a bit. "Likewise. You're in the Glee Club yes?" my mom asked as Rachel nodded. "I saw you all perform at Regionals last year. You were superb," my mom grinned. "Thank you...that's kind of you," Rachel smiled. "Rachel and I are going to work on some things for Glee Club," I said. "Oh well I don't want to keep you girls," my mom said as Rachel and I headed up to my room.

I sat on my bed as Rachel took out her notebook. "Okay so do you have any ideas about what our song should be about?" I asked as Rachel shook her head. "I've been working on a song on my own," Rachel grinned. "Really?" I said almost impressed. "Mhmm" she grinned "It's called 'My Headband'," "My Headband?" I said narrowing my eyes. "Okay so it's about a hair accessory but we've all got to start somewhere right?" Rachel said. "I guess," I shrugged "Rachel, if that's the best you've got there's no way us doing original songs will go over well." Rachel sighed "You're right."

"Look why don't we take a break from songwriting and why don't we pamper ourselves," I smiled a bit. "Sounds good to me," Rachel grinned. We followed a recipe for a homemade face mask that was supposed to help your pores. After washing off the mask I decided to get out my collection of nail polishes as Rachel picked out what color she wanted. I began to paint her nails.

"I can't remember the last time I've actually had this much fun...other than the time Kurt tried to give me a makeover," Rachel giggled. "Sorry about that...I thought him giving you a makeover would help you distract Finn," I sighed. "Wait, you were the one who talked to Kurt about that?" Rachel said as her eyes grew wide. I nodded looking up from doing her nails "I'm not proud of how awful I was to you Rachel. You were so nice to me when I was truly down. Especially after how I was to you before then," I sighed. "It's okay," Rachel said forgiving me quickly "Trust me I wasn't exactly making all kind of friends in school. Why do you think I joined so many clubs?" I looked up at her again surprised. Sure Rachel sometimes could be irritating but she had a good heart. I was surprised that she didn't have many friends. "It wasn't until I joined Glee Club that I really had people to hang out with," Rachel admitted. "I know what you mean. I mean sure when I was a Cheerio I had friends but when I was kicked off the squad, a nobody did any of them care? No. Not a single one," I said shaking my head "I'd never felt more alone. You guys in Glee Club became my friends, more importantly you became my family," I said as Rachel smiled a bit.

"We're kind of friends aren't we," Rachel said looking up at me.

"Kind of," I smiled as I finished up her nails. "There. I think your nails look done,"

"Thanks," Rachel smiled looking at her nails "I never knew much about makeup. I mean growing up with two gay dads it wasn't like I had a mom to turn to about that kind of thing and forget girl friends. Most girls wanted to be cheerleaders or something, not be associated with me." I frowned a bit hearing Rachel talk about this. I couldn't help but feel awful for being one of those cheerleaders who used to make fun of her for not knowing how to dress or do makeup. "Rachel...I didn't know. I'm so sorry," I sighed. "It's okay," Rachel smiled forgiving me.

I was in shock that she just forgave me so quickly. After everything I put Rachel through I felt like I at least deserved some sort of reprimand from her. I just shook it off as I got my makeup. "Now the best way to feel good about yourself is by looking good," I smiled as I help Rachel get made up. After I finished her makeup Rachel looked at herself in the mirror in shock. "You're really good at this," Rachel said. "I've had a lot of practice," I smiled a bit.

"Thanks Quinn, I think I needed a day like this," Rachel smiled. "It's no trouble. I know it's hard getting over a breakup. I'm not doing so great about Sam," I sighed admitting it for the first time. "I'm sorry Quinn, it must hurt that Santana is dating him now," Rachel frowned. "It does," I shrugged "Santana knew that when she went after him. She's still pissed at me for Puck not wanting to be with her."