Chapter 20 - Another Move

Author's Note: Hey everyone thank you so much for all the support for the chapters I appreciate all the reads I'm getting. If you like the story please vote for it :) On another note in this chapter in the episode Laryngitis, Mr. Schue makes it a point that the entire Glee Club will sing a solo in front of the class so I added a solo for Quinn. If you want to listen to it as you read the chapter here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaSI7CLPQ3E . Another note. I added the scene where Quinn moves in with Mercedes into this chapter just because it felt more fitting here than in Funk, especially since her mom comes back an episode later and asks Quinn to move back home. I wanted to give Quinn more time with Mercedes. 

Things hadn't exactly been easy for me since Puck and I broke things off. Sure, I was still living at the Puckerman's but it wasn't the same as it used to be. The only good thing that came out of Puck and I breaking up was that Santana and Brittany talked to me again. Santana had been mad at me for taking Puck from her. Now that things between them seemed to be back she forgave me. Brittany followed Santana's lead more than anything else. She hadn't been mad at me but we hadn't been close like we used to be. While warming up during the week I had decided not to sing. I had been exhausted the last couple of days. It wasn't like me singing or not was going to make a difference. It was the Rachel Berry show pretty much with her getting every solo in Glee Club.

The next rehearsal Puck walked in with his head shaved. Everyone seemed stunned by the fact that this had happened. I only knew about it because I heard his mom talking to him when she washed his hair and saw him when he came back. "Who is that guy?" Brittany asked. "Britt you don't recognize him?" I chuckled a bit. Brittany shook her head. "Is he new?" she asked. "Brittany that's Puck," I told her. "So he broke up with you and he shaved his head?" Brittany said confused "I thought I was the one who would pull a Britney Spears." I couldn't help but laugh at what Brittany had to say. She didn't know the full story. I didn't know how to explain it to her.

Rehearsal had been more of the same though things around the school seemed to change for Puck, especially since our breakup and the fact that he shaved his head. I had heard some of the kids he had thrown in the dumpster threw him into the dumpster since he no longer had the juice in the school anymore and they were no longer afraid of him. I felt bad for him to a point but he had broke up with me because I had been so concerned about my image at this school his words still cut me deep. 'Who cares if everyone ignores you?' I cared. I cared a lot. It seemed to me that fate was working its magic so Puck could see exactly how I felt.

Did I hope he would go back to me? Not exactly. I did care about Puck but I knew he wouldn't want anything to do with me anymore, I mean who would want to? I was a nobody now. It wasn't like I could offer him anything other girls in this school couldn't give him. Me being as pregnant as I was probably was a big turn off anyway. I just had to accept the fact that for now I was going to be alone for awhile. I knew I had to be okay with that even though right now I couldn't be.

The next rehearsal it had seemed Berry had blabbed on those of us who weren't singing during warm ups. "I am very disappointed in you guys," Mr. Schue said to us. "I can't believe you narced on us," Finn complained to Rachel. "Don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness. I'm tired of carrying all of your weight. Regionals is in a month, guys," Rachel fumed. "I'm just trying to understand what's going on here. Finn, why did you stop singing?" Mr. Schue asked. "Cause you started giving all the male leads to Jesse. It kind of shook my confidence, y'know," Finn frowned. "What difference does it make? Everyone knows that my job here is to look hot," Santana smirked. "My baby hormones are making me moody," I said. "There are so many lyrics," Brittany said.

"Okay. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. A glee club is about a myriad of voices coming together as one. Alright? This ends now. Which is why your assignment for the week is for each of you to come up with a song that best represents how you see yourself, where you are in your lives right now. Your voice. Then you're going to stand up here and sing your hearts out. All of you," Mr. Schue told us in no uncertain terms. "Solos? In front of everyone?" Kurt grinned. "The Glee Club has lost its voice. It's time for us to get it back," Mr. Schue said as the bell rang.