the escort ; lai guanlin

Y/N's POV

As the chosen muse in my class for the Blossom Ball, I had to have a few photos taken with the chosen escort. When it came to picking the person for the aforementioned position, every single female classmate of mine voted for Lai Guanlin. I don't really know him since I've been told that he is trouble but he has the best visuals out of all the boys in our section. That is the entire backstory of why I am standing here in the middle of the flower field at the back of the school with the photographer and class president while waiting for Guanlin to arrive.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, the devil being Guanlin yet no one realises it. He took his time walking towards us and looked like he had just rolled out of bed. Not gonna lie, he does look hot with that messy bed hair. At least now that he is here, the photoshoot can get started.

Surprisingly, it didn't take too long to take all of the required photos so we managed to finish around six pm. The president kept teasing us by saying that our chemistry was really 'radiating' through the pictures. Most of my mind and heart didn't want to strangle him which really shocked me. Though it could just be because I really wanna go home and sleep.

The sun was starting to set by the time our "group" parted ways, leaving me and Guanlin behind. A silence could be felt by anyone who was near us but it wasn't an awkward silence, it actually felt peaceful. Just as I was about to walk away, I felt something grab my arm and send sparks through my body. When I turned around to look at the captor, Guanlin stood there with a smirk on his face.

"A gentleman can't let a lady as beautiful as you slip out of his grasp so easily."

ღ