The (Un)expected Opportunity

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes."

"Ha... Okay. Fine."

Lay smiled and got off the bed. He walked over to Sehun's bed with the help of the iv drop stand and took a seat at the side of his bed. Sehun looked up from his book and smiled in return.

"Hey, Lay," he said softly. "Chen giving you a headache?"

Lay chuckled and shook his head. Chen on the other hand folded his arms and sat on the bed to watch the two.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time. Ever since I managed to escape from your house years ago."

With that, Lay explained how he was brought back to China to study and also how he managed to start his own business to help Sehun. He had wanted to come back earlier but time was definitely not on his side. He also explained about the money that he managed to send Sehun most of the time.

This news surprised Sehun without a doubt. He thought his parents had a shred of humanity left in them but it seemed not. He sighed but didn't let it get to him.

"Thank you, Lay. For helping me so much. I don't know how I'll ever repay you or anyone," he said and rubbed his neck sheepishly. 

"You don't have to. We all just want you to be alive and well," he said and patted Sehun's hand gently. Sehun smiled and felt tears wanting to spill again but he wasn't in the emotional state to do so so he just offered Lay a hug.

"I'm still sorry for dragging all of you into my problems but I thank you for always helping me," he said. Lay smiled and returned the hug.

The door opened and Baekhyun walked in. He gasped when he saw the two hugging and walked over, hugging Sehun. Lay noticed and pulled back. He laughed at Baekhyun's childish behavior.

"Why're you two hugging?" He asked and put the flowers and thermos aside.

"It's to thank him, Baekhyun.  Don't get jealous over something so small," Sehun mumbled and watched as Baekhyun poured out the warm tea.

"Really? I wasn't jealous. I just wanted you to hug me that tightly too," he huffed and put the tea down in front of Sehun before pouring a few more for Lay and Chen as well.

"Thank you." Sehun let out a small scoff. "If I feel like it."

"See? Not fair," he whined.

"You're being too noisy in the hospital," Kyungsoo spoke as he entered the room as well. He closed the door behind him and walked over to Kai's bed where he was sound asleep despite the others chatting.

They greeted him as he walked over after checking up on Kai. Baekhyun huffed and served him a cup of tea as well.

"I wasn't that noisy," he grumbled. "Anyways. You and Lay can probably be released by tomorrow. Kai needs to stay a little longer though." Baekhyun patted Sehun gently, running his hand through his hair. "Things really have been chaotic since I met you, huh..."

Sehun blinked and shrugged. He let out a quiet sigh and smiled. 

"Hasn't life always been chaotic?" Sehun chuckled. The door opened again and Luhan appeared.

They started talking, trying to keep it low with Kyungsoo watching over them. Telling each other of what happened and mostly Luhan being worried for everyone since he wasn't there when it happened. 

~~~

Sehun sat down on his seat in class. Everything felt like a dream. Everything that had happened just days ago.

"Heyyyy!! I'm back. Did you miss me?" Kai's ever cheerful voice sounded as he entered the class and made his way to his seat beside Sehun's. Sehun turned to look at him and smiled.

"I don't cause I've been visiting you in hospital after all," he replied as Kai sat down.

"Aww. You could at least say you did or something," he whined and crossed his arms jokingly. "Ah..  I never thought I would actually miss coming to classes."

Sehun nodded. He wasn't wrong after all. After being thrown into all the mess, he definitely felt much better in the presence of his class. It was more peaceful and bearable of course.

"So, you planning on staying with Baekhyun until graduation? " Kai asked softly just in case anyone was eavesdropping. 

"They aren't going to let me shift out to a hotel. Or a rented house after what happened. So yeah, I am stuck with them for now," he replied. Kai nudged him lightly.

"Anything going on between the two of you yet?" He asked in a whisper and wriggled his brows with a suspicious smirk. Sehun didn't understand what he was hinting of course.

"We have been normal. I suppose? Plus I have a room to myself as well."

"Shucks. I thought Baekhyun would take that as an opportunity. Guess I got it all wrong."

Sehun tilted his head but didn't ask anymore since their teacher had entered the class.

He was really glad things seemed to revert back to the way it was even though he was commuting differently now but it definitely felt better. He felt better overall.  His mind was clearer and he could focus on studying without worrying about other things.

~~~

That is until Kai's words kept ringing in his mind. What about Baekhyun that he got wrong? He tapped his pencil on the table impatiently as he did his revision.

Dammit. He couldn't concentrate like this. He sighed and leaned back on the chair. He looked around the fully furnished room and wondered how much was the cost for this room alone.

His thoughts were short lived when the door opened and Baekhyun entered. As always with a smile. Sehun tilted his head and gave him a wave.

"How are studies coming along?" Baekhyun asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Fine. Fine. Except I can't really concentrate now," he mumbled a reply as he ran a hand across his hair.

"Oh? That's surprising. What's bothering you? The things that has happened?"

Sehun would have answered no but he didn't want to make it seem too obvious that he was clearly curious about the other so he just nodded.

"Who is Kyungsoo really?" He decided to change the topic. Baekhyun blinked and chuckled.

"He's an heir too. Much like me. Except his family isn't as showy as mine so they deal with things more quietly."

That was surprising and definitely not something Sehun expected to get an answer out of. He nodded and tapped his pencil on the table again before deciding that he couldn't not ask.

"Kai... today. When he came back, he told me something that's been stuck in my mind for awhile now. He said that you would take the opportunity to have something going on between us? But... I don't really get what he meant," he said after some thought.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was rather surprised but played it cool. He smirked a little and got up, approaching Sehun. He curled his arms around him and kissed his cheek.

"Want to know what he meant?"

Oh boy.

~~~

A / N : oh boy 0v0 Hopefully your hot steamy final chapter is  next, also im not very experienced in writing smut soooooo it might be cringy af-- js a heads up xD