The (Un)expected Winner

Sehun didn't realize what was going on until he was handed the phone and he spoke. The voice gave him a confirmation on his situation. It made him want to just go suicide and nothing else would matter anymore. Everyone else would be set free and there wouldn't be anymore problem.

He was tempted to tell them they got the wrong person. But then what? They'll just try to abduct Baekhyun, wouldn't they? He didn't want that. He rather get hurt and played the role of someone else's son than to get more people that he actually had feelings for into trouble. What if they dragged Luhan or Kyungsoo in as well? He couldn't handle that burden.

"Who.... who is it.... you want?" Lay's voice sounded from across the room. Sehun stiffened slightly.

No. No. Please don't, Lay. Don't let them know.

Sehun's breath hitched against this throat. He still held himself back from actually speaking, in fear he might be the one who gave them away.

The man walked to Lay and lifted his chin, making the other wince slightly from the headache.

"Who? That boy sitting there. You're nothing but backup. I know who you are too," the man chuckled in a sinister tone.

"Sehun... let him go. He's not....he's not who you....you....want," Lay pleaded and tried to push himself up against the pole but his body ached all over and the dizziness in his head wasn't helping either. They really did a great deal on him since he could fight unlike Sehun and Kai.

"And what do you mean by that?" The man asked, intrigued by Lay's words since he had been so stubborn previously.

Lay looked at Sehun and saw the other shaking his head slightly, lips quivering in a downwards shape. He couldn't put heads or tails together. He just knew they had the wrong person. Lay closed his eyes, trying to get himself together but it was difficult. 

"He's not... Baek-"

"NO," Sehun accidentally yelled after holding back. Eyes turned to him. He gasped a little, regretting his decision to yell. No, it was a reflex.  Not much of a decision on his part.

"Oh? No? What're you hiding?"

Oh Sehun, you idiot! Now you've done in to yourself!

Sehun gulped and shook his head. He tried not to let his face show that he was lying but he was starting to shake quite a bit. Why was he acting so careless? He never does that. Or is it because.... he really had an unspoken fear towards knowing Baekhyun getting hurt?

The man got up and laughed. He started to clap his hands as well, confusing the two boys.

"Fascinating. So I'm guessing right here and now, one of you two. Are lying about something. Which is your identity, isn't it?" The man said and pointed at Sehun who just stiffened. "And that's simple for me to find out! Because we have a winner."

Sehun couldn't understand what the man was saying before he remembered.

Kai.

He wasn't wrong either because they brought Kai back inside. He could still see the anger off his friend's face despite the earlier threats. He wondered what they were doing to him outside but he seemed mostly unharmed apart from the punch earlier.

The man strutted over to Kai and tapped his chin, making the other grit his teeth.

"So, you, tell me. Is the boy over there the son of the Byun family head?"

Sehun started shaking his head vigorously, praying and hoping Kai would get the message but he knew the other wouldn't lie. He wouldn't care less or more about Baekhyun.

"Hah? That's OH SEHUN you got there."

He knew it. Sehun shut his eyes and prayed for whatever that comes next wouldn't be the process of torture for lying.

"Oh....?"

"That's right. Only an idiot like you who doesn't do proper research will think he's the son of the Byun family!" Kai snapped. The man was most amused. So amused he could break something now.

"You see. A winner. It seems like you've been lying," the man said and walked over to Sehun who kept his gaze down and braced himself for any impact. "So what do you expect me to do with someone useless such as you?"

Useless... That's rightI'm useless. I can't even.... can't even protect the one... I like.

"Oi! Don't you dare hurt Sehun! I'll crush you! "Kai growled and started to struggle a little again.

"Hurt him? My words. I'll just hurt you guys instead. That seems to have more effect on him, doesn't it?"

Sehun snapped his head up and started shaking it. He seemed to be doing that a lot.

"P-please. Not my friends. Just hurt me! Why is that so difficult?" Sehun shouted and pulled at the rope.

"See? Lovely, isn't it? To see someone writhing beneath you." The man turned to the ones holding onto Kai and signalled. It took all three boys a moment to realize what it meant because they started throwing punches at Kai.

"NO! KAI! Stop it please!" Sehun yelled and gasped, gritting his teeth as he watched Kai getting beaten up. Why? Why? Why? Why did this have to happen? Why Kai? He was the most innocent out of all of them.

"Stop?! You guys wasted my precious time. And that man. He dare play along with you. That means he's just going to ditch you anyways."

Ditch him? Baekhyun's father didn't have a reason to come here of course. None of them were related to him after all. And he had been so cold to Baekhyun as well.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry.  So please, let Kai go," Sehun started to cry out. The man had an amused face when he did that.

"You freaking pervert," Kai huffed as he was dragged back up again.

###

A/N : Oh look who is it 0v0 hoho~~