The (Un)expected Call

Sehun kept glancing around wearily. What should he do to get at least Kai out? He moved his hands a bit and tried to get a better sitting position. He was about to just give up and wait when he noticed Lay moving very slightly. Lay's eyes were also parted just a bit and looked at him. He sighed in slight relied even if he still felt horrible inside to see all the blood.

The man in suit walked up to Sehun and tapped his foot impatiently.

"So, you're the son of that man who refuses me so much," the man spoke with his hand on his hips. Sehun blinked slowly, unsure what the man meant. "Why does your father not want to give up part of his land? Why does he make me do all these?"

The man sighed and rubbed his temples before swinging his hands in Kai and Lay's direction. "You see them? I didn't want to drag them in but if I don't get what I want, I will make sure. All. Of. You. Aren't getting out alive."

Sehun gulped. He shook his head and he could feel the trembles in his body as well. Fear. Like he always felt when he went home. Fear when he looked at his parents.

"Please, don't hurt them. I'll do what you want. Just leave my friends alone," Sehun said and curled his lips inwards, biting them slightly. He could feel the shivers coming soon as well and his breathing getting unstable.

"What I want? No. Your father better give me what I want. You're just a replaceable asset. There's still another person I can target that holds more value than you." Sehun just didn't know what the man wanted anymore. He was pretty sure his parents had no one important to them and even if they did, he had no clue who they were. He clenched his fists and tugged at the ropes slightly.

The man walked back to the table and picked up his phone before a few other men followed him to Sehun. He squatted down and gave the boy a sympathetic smile.

"It's time for the first round," he said softly as he dialled a number. Sehun breathed in, holding his breath unconciously. The dialling tone got through and someone did pick up.

###

Kyungsoo didn't hold back the moment Kai's phone disappeared from the screen. He stood up and called a few guards to follow him. He also called the police but asked them to stay low. No way in hell was he letting anyone go right now. He put on protective gear and got up the van, giving his men some orders. They nodded and one drove, following the van's location.

Kyungsoo gulped nervously. He was trained for situations like this. He can do it. He would save Kai and the others but Kai was his top priority.

###

Baekhyun was also a mess. He wanted to curse but his father being in the same car as him made him hold himself back. He just kept his gaze out from the window and fists tightly clenched. He would go out punching everyone the moment he got Sehun back safely.

His father noticed his tensed body but didn't say anything. He just wanted to see how far Baekhyun would go for Sehun since the boy had claimed he loved Sehun. His phone rang surprisingly as he drove and he picked it up. Eyes widened when words filled his ear and he had to brake to take in what was actually happening all along.

Baekhyun bounced forward and gasped, turning to his father and wondering what was the problem. He couldn't really read his expressions well but right now, he could tell that there was something disturbing about that phone call.

"Can we please continue moving?" Baekhyun asked softly. He would totally run off on his own but he didn't want to waste energy. His father heard him and nodded, slowly picking up the speed again while keeping the phone to his ear.

"So you're saying you have my son?"

Baekhyun's eyes opened widely this time and he just gaped at his father. No one could have been having him if he was sitting right next to him now. His father glanced at him and placed a quick finger to his lips before turning the call into loudspeaker mode.

"--yes. And if you don't agree to my proposal, I won't be given much of a choice but to torture him," the voice spoke. Baekhyun stared at the phone. He was clueless to what was happening.

"And how do I know if you're telling the truth?" Baekhyun's father asked in a calm manner.

"That's why he's here to talk to you. Isn't that right?" There was a slight pause and shuffling noises before it settled again.

"H-hello?"

The voice that came through the call almost made Baekhyun snap out in anger but he held himself back, telling himself that all this was definitely not happening. He shut his eyes in anger. It's all his fault.

"Son? Is that really you?"

"Eh.... That-"

"Listen to me, son. I'll come and get you. Stay strong, son. Don't let them hurt you or I won't agree to anything they say."

"Huh....?" More shifting noises.

"Okay. That's more than enough. I hope you and I can get to an agreement easily, Mr. Byun. "

With that, the call was cut and Baekhyun swore angrily the next second the red screen popped out.

"They mistaken Sehun for ME?" He shrieked and was fuming with anger now. "Screw this. I'm going to kill every single last one of this bastards."

"Baekhyun, calm down. Now we know what the situation is like. We simply have to deal with it in a more conventional way."

"I will NOT let them go," Baekhyun yelled and his father sighed. Baekhyun's phone rang before he could say anything else and he checked the message.

'Kai's phone signal went dead. I don't know what that means but I'm heading in too.'

###

P/S : what's this? An update after 1883949%958727272 years?? Sorry for the long delay, I just wasn't feeling it and I do have college lessons but thank you for sticking with me for so long! I hope to finish this story in 3 to 4 more chapters.