Chapter 12: Keeping secrets

Neil, Sirus, and Kimberley have been having private meetings ever since she looked at the flash drive. They were discussing plans to locate the software and from there they would see what action they would take. 

"Excuse me, I know these people are dangerous but two wrongs do not make a right. We are not going to get rid of anybody, the better alternative to do is turn them in to the authorities, are we clear?" Kimberley says as she looks at both Neil and Sirus sternly.

Neil smile and says "Of Course."

"By the way, why do I have a feeling that this Software contains more than you are telling me," says Kimberley with an eyebrow raise.

"Well, this software was tested and..." Neil's starts to say but Sirus cuts him off.

"And I think it is time for you to head out to the important meeting you mention earlier."

Looking at his watch, Neil murmurs then gets up saying, "You would think after rushing you two and telling you that you we only have an hour and a half to brainstorm, I would keep track of time."

After Neil left minutes ago, Sirus and Kimberley starts to clean up. The room is a too quiet for Kim, looking at Sirus she decides to speak braking the silence.

"So tell me something about yourself."

Sirus stops and looks at her, smiling he asks, "Are you trying to make conversation or are you tired of whoever your boyfriend is and trying to get a taste of Sirus?"

Kim laughs and replies, "If I were over my boyfriend, you would not be my other option."

"Ouch that hurts," Sirus says placing his hand on his chest.

The room becomes quiet again until Kim looks over and sees Sirus struggling with an arm full of trash. Putting together her set of garbage, she walks close to Sirus.

"Here let me help you," she goes to reach for his trash and because of his sudden movement the trash that had a cup with half of alcohol in it falls on her blouse staining it.

"Crap my apologies Kim, here let me help you get clean up," Sirus says as he directs Kim to a room.

After a while Kim returns with one of Sirus shirts on her, "Thanks for the shirt, I will return it tomorrow," she says fixing it properly.

Looking out the window, he takes in the view before saying to her, "You know your father was a good friend of my father, but they weren't as close as his other friend."

"Other friend?" Kim asks in confusion, but since Sirus have his back to her, she walks to the side of him and looks out the window. Then she continues saying, "I never saw any of my Dad friends, as a matter of fact, he never kept friends because he thought they would betray him like always."

 Sirus turns to Kim who mimics his action and for a second they were staring into each other eyes, until he leans in to kiss her. Kim turns her head and his lips falls on her cheek.

"Look Sirus you are a great man, but I am in love with my boyfriend and I picture a future with him. Maybe one day you will have a nice girl in your life but it can't be me, you know thinking about it I have a friend back in Australia who will love to date you."

Sirus laughs and says, "You are really something Kimberley Jones."

Kim walks to the door and then turns around, "Goodnight Sirus, am glad I get to meet someone other than my boyfriend, his family and friends."

Sirus smiles and says, "Me too, goodnight Kim."

Sirus turns back to the window and thinks to himself, "Is this really what I want to do? I can't trust her, because she can be just like her father."

Walking up to her door she keeps thinking about Sirus, something did not feel right about him. Hearing noises causes her train of thoughts to be broken and when she opens it, she sees the most beautiful scene ever. Alex and David are playing, they set up a Fort and her pots, utensils and what looks like chips are scatter all over. 

"KJ your home," David says running to her.

She picks him up and asks, "What is going on?"

"I decided to come over but only the Babysitter and David were home, so I relieved her and had a boys night with this little guy," he says pointing at David.

 A smile makes its way on her lips and she tells Alex, "That is the sweetest thing that anybody has ever done. I am so happy that you and David are bonding."

A yawn passes David's lips as he says, "KJ am sleepy."

This causes Alex to take him out of Kim's arms and carry him to bed. Kim smiles to herself, thinking about how lucky she is to have a man like him in her life. 

After a while, Alex joins her on the love seat snuggling until he speaks, "Where were you tonight?"

This makes Kim go stiff next to him, then she says, "I have been dealing with some personal issues."

"It has been weeks that I either call you or come by and your not home, is there something you are keeping from me?" he asks looking at her.

Kim thinks about telling Alex the truth about everything, but for his safety she decides to lie hoping he would not see through it. 

"I have been busy with my painting, you remember when I said that it would be good to have it in a Gallery. Well I am making sure everything is perfect, I also had to make sure the software is updated amongst other things so I have been busy, but that all change now because I am here with you.

They starts to kiss and Kim could not shake off the guilt for lying to the man she loves. As they pull away, Alex mentions the Company annual party celebrating their success and how he wants her to accompany him as his date. 

Kim smiles and says, "Yes" and pulls him in for another kiss. They spend the whole night together in each other arms but Kim could not shake off the feeling that something is about to go horribly wrong.

As Alex is sleeping, Kim's phone goes off indicating a message come through and when she opens the message it reads,

"Keeping secrets are not good because you never know who can expose you. Beware Kimberley ."

-- A close Frenemy

Kim starts to hyperventilate causing Alex to wake up and ask, "What's wrong?"

Kim shakes her head and says, "Nothing, just a bad dream, go back to sleep." She closes her eyes and says in her mind, "I will tell him after the party, but for now relax.