Chapter 3: A New Life and A Dead Man

Sitting on the sofa in her Apartment, a year has passed since the night her father was murdered. Kim is on her laptop looking at her brother's recent pictures that she took when he joined the little league's softball team when suddenly her phone rings. "Hello" she answers and in response, the person is asking  "Is this Ms. Kimberley Jones?" 

Confuse she takes the phone from her ear, looks at it then says, "This is she," and the person tells her she has an interview with the CEO of Diaz Incorporation in the morning at 8 am sharp and the call ends immediately. 

When she hangs up, she can not contain her excitement and is jumping up and down on the sofa because this is the moment she waited on. 

"What happen KJ?" asks David and with a squeal, she replies telling him that she is being interviewed tomorrow and if she gets the job then it will mean that more income will come to them. After hearing what his sister says, he too jumps up on the sofa with excitement.

 A few seconds after their excitement dies down, a knock appears at the door making Kim get up to go get it. Thinking it's the pizza delivery guy, she opens it and standing in front of her is a tall man dress in all black with tattoo's running up and down his arm. 

"Well if it isn't Kimberley," says the man with a sinister smirk but before he can finish she gasps and slams the door in his face. 

"David I need you to go hide for me and do not come out unless I tell you to", Kimberley tells David causing him run-up to the room

Upon hearing banging on the door, Kim runs to the phone to call the police when the door bursts open causing a scream to escape her mouth and the man comes in with anger in his eyes. "You think you can escape Valentino after that stunt you pulled in Australia? Well, you can't, I am going to drag you back by the hair if I have to," he says loudly.

"You are Valentino's property, now, be a good girl and come with me," he says as he slowly starts to approach her. Even though fear is in Kim's body, she puts on a brave face, straightens her back and tells him, "No." 

"What?" he replies with venom on his lips then takes deep breaths with his eyes closes. 

Kim starts to back away and when he notices that he begins to talk, "You know if your father had given the software that Valentino invested in none of this would have happened but because of your humanitarian act six years ago, it proves you to be an eligible bride for him."

"Others just like me are running around looking for you but do not worry, he does not know where you are because it is my lead that causes me to find you. My little brother died in that explosion you created at  the Cabin and now am going to make your life a living hell." With that, he launches at Kim and wraps his hands around her neck choking her to death.

With all the strength she has left, Kim raises her right knee and sends it into his private part causing him to collapse on the floor while he groans and holds his area. Coughing whiles trying to take in as much oxygen as possible, Kim made her way to the kitchen to retrieve the other phone but before she can make a call, she is knocked to the ground and turn over. 

The guy begins choking her again, but this time he is adding more pressure and Kim is trying to pull his hands away while kicking her feet. Her vision is starting to get blurry and as she is about to close her eyes completely, she feels hot liquid on her face causing her eyes to snap open as she feels the pressure removing from her neck.

Looking around, she takes in the scene that is playing out in front of her then gasp in horror. Her little brother is holding a knife that he uses to stab the man with causing the man to turn around and say, "You are a dead kid," and starts to make his way to him. 

Kim could not watch this man murder her little brother that she swore to protect, without thinking she grabs one of the butcher knives, runs behind the man and stabs him in the head. The man drops to the floor and when Kim discovers what she has done, she screams then passes out.

 Although being too young to understand anything, David is wise beyond his years and when he hears the man downstairs yelling at his sister, he quietly makes his way to where his sister is. As he enters the living room, he comes across an empty room with his sister's cell phone on the ground and decides it would be best to call the police but stops when he hears noise from the kitchen.

Dropping the phone, he quickly enters the kitchen where he found his sister underneath the man being choked to death. Climbing on the stool, he grabs a knife then he jumps onto the man back and plunges the knife there.

When the man releases his sister to come after him, he becomes frightened but remains still thinking he did what he did to protect the only family he has left. After the man collapsed with a knife stuck in his head and the horrifying scream of his sister, he runs out the door to get help and thankfully everyone on that floor helps him.