Chapter 4: Meet Mr. CEO Unexpectedly

Waking up in a dark room causes Kim to panic, until she sees her brother curl up on the seat next to her.  Looking around the room, she sees a bag in the corner and gets up to look inside of it where she finds her personal belongings. 

The door opens and in walks Dr. Michaelson who treated her when she was emitted in the hospital. "I see you are awake, how are you feeling?" asks Dr. Michaelson. She replies by saying "I feel like I was thrown out of a three story window but I guess being choke to death can do that to you."

Dr. Michaelson laughs, "I guess I should give you a checkup and discharge you." 

Smiling at what he says, Kim nods and looks at her phone to see that it is 6:30 am. "That will be great, I have an interview at 8:00 so the earlier I get out of here the better."

As she makes her way out of the hospital carrying her brother who is still asleep, her friend is waves at her to show her she is there. She places her brother in the backseat and jumps in the passenger seat. 

"Thank you so much Melissa for getting my stuff and bringing it to the hospital, also for keeping an eye on my brother," she says as she buckles up.

" Melissa smiles and says, "Look I know you and I use to talk on the computer before you moved here and I know about what happened back in Australia that made you run here, but what if this guy sends more people here to hurt you, am worried about you, I mean have you look in the mirror at your face and neck? If he were to get away, the police can identify him from the imprints."

Kim takes a deep breath and says, "You are right but I need to get home to take a shower, and get to my interview, I need something to take my mind off just killing someone she chokes out."

Melissa hugs Kim tightly, there is worry in her voice as she says, "How about we go to my place and from there you can find another place to move into. I do not feel comfortable with you going back there after last night." Kim nods her head agreeing.

Applying make up and tying a scarf around her neck, Kim tries to make her bruises less visible for her interview. Making her way out she goes to check on her brother to see if he is alright. 

"Hey BJ I came here to check on you." She says in a soft voice as she rubs his back.

"Am okay KJ, it's you am worried about and am scared that you will end up like daddy," he say as he sniffles a little.

Hearing those words come out of his mouth made tears well up in her eyes because her brother is too young to have seen those kind of things happen.                                                                                       "I got to head out for my interview and you have to go to school so lets get going," she says trying to brighten his mood.

Kim drops her brother to school and makes her way to the coffee shop next to Diaz Incorporation. Her interview starts at 8:00 but it is only 7:40, so she decides it will be best to get energize for her interview. Walking in she gets her coffee and donut she orders, then walks to the door where she runs into a person causing her coffee to spill all over their suit.

 "Am so sorry, I can..." but before she can finish her sentence, the man speaks to her in a harsh voice and asks, "Are you blind? Do you know how much this suit cost?" 

Kim could not believe her ears, this man have the audacity to speak to her like this and she is not going to be talk to bad by a rude man in a expensive suit, so she speaks just as rude as him.

"Did you not hear me apologizing? Next time when you see someone walking your way go around and maybe an accident can be avoided." 

The man clenches his teeth and says, "Excuse you, know your place women, he went on to talk to her but Kim interrupts him raising her voice saying, "NO! you know your place and act like someone teach you some damn manners," and ends it with smashing the donut in his face and walking out.

Kim walks into Diaz Incorporation mad because she could not believe what stick was stuck up that mans butt to insult her like that. Making her way to the receptionist she tells them she is here for the interview. 

The receptionist assists her to go the 40th floor and tells her Mr. Diaz is waiting for her. As Kim takes the elevator to the 40th floor her mind wonder back on last night events and it felt like she could not breathe all over again. Taking deep breaths the door finally opens showing nothing but pure chaos. People are running everywhere and in the background you can hear a man shouting.

 Kim goes close to the door that says, "Mr. Alexander Diaz CEO" and upon entering there is men standing in suits being yell at because apparently the boss has a 9:00 meeting and no one can find the files that is store on the computer. 

Kim ignores the boss and walks past everyone to the computer that is sitting on the desk and starts to look for the missing files. 

"What the hell are you doing here and why are you on my computer?" Kim holds up her finger telling him to wait one moment and the voice shouts call security up here now. About three seconds later Kim says, "found it! Apparently someone deleted the files but before they did, they made a copy whereas it was hidden in a new folder.

When Kim looks up, her eyes falls upon stone cold eyes and a familiar face. Swallowing hard she says, "My name is Kimberley Jones and I am here for my interview with Mr. Diaz." 

The man replies, "I am Mr. Diaz and you can leave because the interview would not be happening, how do I know you did not delete the files and came back to impress me? You could be a spy for another company, so let the security escort you out. 

Anger runs through Kim's veins at what this man just imply. "Are you serious? You know what forget you and this interview I can walk myself out."

With tears rolling down her face as she walks out of Diaz Incorporation, Kim makes her way down the sidewalk of New York City thinking about how the opportunity of a lifetime slip away. She approaches a park and sits on the bench crying. No later than five minutes she hears someone yelling stop him. 

Her head follows the voice and notice a man carrying a woman purse as he looks to be running away. Kim gets up and tackles him as he tries to run past her but the man rolls them over and punches Kim in the face.

Even thought the punch hurt because of her previous injuries, that did not stop Kim from jumping on his back, strangling him, and biting his shoulder. The man yells and flips her over causing her to land on her back, then he kicks her.

 As he is going to give Kim another kick, the man stops and panic because he hears the sirens of a Police vehicle. Escaping, he leaves the purse and Kim on the ground.

"Oh my Lord a women appears and bends down next to Kim asking her to stay awake, help is on the way." Kim grabs the purse handing it to the women and says, "I am okay, I hate people who pray upon vulnerable women," then she passes out.