"Welcome home"

Marcia Grace

We pull into my driveway and right away I'm greeted with my family and few other people I notice that I haven't seen in a long time.

I instantly smile and open the car door, smiling from ear to ear as I get out. My mother rushes over to me almost squishing me to death until my father pries her off of me in attempt to kill me with his hug too.

"Welcome home, sweetie" my mom mutters as she looks over to the car and notices Dyson.

"Hello, and you are?" She asks in a friendly manner smiling.

"Um, Dyson. Nice too meet you Mr and Mrs. Grace" he says nervously as he gets out of the car extending his hand to my father then almost extending his hand to my mother as instead she pulls him in for a hug.

I start to laugh at the sudden look on his face. Confused and surprised.

"Any friend of Marcia is always welcomed. Welcome home, Dyson." My mom mutters as I roll my eyes thinking that me and Dyson are not friends.

"Mom" I mumble.

"What I'm just being-"

"It's a pleasure son, now let's help you get settled in. Marc, there's a few people inside that have been dying to see you" Dad cuts in going towards the back of Dyson's car to help with the bags. I smile nodding my head. I walk in with my mother as she asks me random questions, like "Are you two a thing?" "You guys aren't friends with benefits, right? You know that never works out"

I love my mother beyond death but the questions are a little too much for me to handle. As I walk into the house I am immediately greeted with people whom I missed so much. My brother, his wife, my niece, grandmother, uncles aunts, friends and one who I was not completely ready to see yet..

"Welcome back Marc!" My brother came up to me hugging me and kissing me, but all I could see were his eyes. His dark brown eyes. We were both staring at each other, no one could deny, and with everyone coming up to greet me still we stood there staring at each other. Then is when I started to think where could Dyson be? He could save me from all of this in a millisecond, but before I knew it he was already coming up towards me. Quickly I wanted to run and never look back but I was stuck.

"Hey Marcia," he greeted me as I gritted my teeth together. He was going to lean in for a hug as I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder I quickly turned around seeing who it was. Visibly I calmed down.

"Man Marc, your dad must really like me he keeps giving me these double back taps. I don't know whether to be scared or delighted" he shook as I couldn't stop myself from turning around and again staring into his eyes, "Who's he?"

"Jackson" he mutters extending his hand out to Dyson, they exchange this look that makes me feel rather uncomfortable.

"Dyson, Marcia's friend" I shift as I see Jackson's eyes widen a bit looking surprised. What? Was he expecting something different?

"Dyson, there are a few other bags down here!" My father yells out, but Dyson stands there staring- or should I say glaring at Jackson. I bump shoulders awkwardly with Dyson as he looks down at me and in a quick movement bends down and plants a swift kiss on my cheek. I suddenly redden but before I even have a chance to react he turns and goes outside to help some more. Still stuck in a trance I glance up at Jackson who is staring at me.

"Just friends eh?" He mutters cooly as he walks away. "Nice to see you Marc" I sigh thinking that this welcome home party was a bad idea. I

move the thought of Jackson and Dyson out of my mind and continue to greet the rest.

"Arci!" I hear a little girl screech, that being my two year niece. I turn just in time too see running towards me as I see her curly blonde locks bouncing as her bright green eyes are widen. I hold my arms out as I bend down to her level, "Bella!" I say smiling as she runs into my arms locking her chubby arms

around my neck.

"Oh you're getting so big baby" I say as I run my hands softly over her hair, she quickly pulls away as she glares at me.

Putting her hands on her hips she screeches, "I not a baby!" I widen my eyes at her sudden outburst and almost want to laugh as Hannah comes over shaking her head. "She's going through this stage.." She mutters.

I look up at her and nod, then turn my gaze back on Bella. I shake my head, "No you are not! You are a big girl" I see a small chubby smile appear on her lips as she engulfs me in another hug, I pick her up placing her on my hip as my brother comes into view.

"Let's not get to crazy, she's still my ba-" he is cut off as Hannah slaps his chest lightly. I chuckle as my brother glares at his wife. Bella starts to squirm as she wants to get out of my arms. Placing her on the floor she runs towards her grandmother who is having a conversation with my aunt.

"So Marc, how's the college life treating ya?" Jason asks as he wraps his arm around Hannah securely. I nod smiling, "It's alright I guess, much better than high school.." I mumble.

Hannah chuckles, "What about your roommate? Is she a good one?"

I stiffen immediately as I place my hands in my back pockets, "Shes uh, a roommate.. You know.." I chuckle as my brother is about to reply I hear Bella's loud voice.

"Arci, look who I found. He looks like my Barbie!" She says as she comes into the kitchen dragging the life sized Dyson.

Hannah and Jason chuckle as their two year old daughter is completely infatuated with my roommate. Hannah gets a hold of Bella as she is smiling sweetly at her daughter.

"My daughters first crush, don't know if I should cry of joy or beat you to a pulp" My brother mumbles, as he stares at Dyson who from my view looks shaken up. I cough up a laugh as he quickly glances at, I stiffen as his gaze lingers on me. Remembering the sweet cheek kiss, in the middle of that stare down with Jackson.

It technically wasn't our first kiss but it still was shocking.

Hannah scolds my brother and looks over to Dyson. "He's just kidding" she says chuckling.

"No I'm not I really want too-"

"Okay! We've gotta go, c'mon baby. See ya later Mar, nice meeting you Dyson" Hannah smiles as she walks away with Bella in hand who throws a kiss face at Dyson who is still shaken up at my brothers threat.

"Jesus Christ Dyson, he was just kidding" I mumble trying to hold in a laugh.

He shifts looking at me, "I know that" he tries to act cooly.

"Right" I laugh, "What a wuss you are!"

He glares at me and shakes his head. "So what was up with that Justin kid?" He asks.

My laughter is killed with that question. "You mean Jackson?"

He shrugs, "Same thing"

I furrow my eyebrows, "Not even close"

"Is he your ex?" He asks so suddenly I almost didn't hear it correctly.

"What's it to you?" I ask defensively. I don't know why I get so defensive.

"Ahh, so he is an ex. Bad ending? Let me guess, he dumped you?" He asks almost wanting to laugh. And in that moment I want to slap him across his face, but being that this is my welcome back party and some would look at be differently I hold back.

It's not in my character. Stay cool Marcia. "I really don't see how it is any of your business" I state trying to hide the fact that behind all of this act, I'm really fuming.

"Relax. It's cool. We all have gotten dumped before, it may sting but it in the end you'll always be okay" he shrugs again giving me that full blown smile.

"Wow, who knew you could be so literal" I say sarcastically.

"Oh stop it" he says in his best girl voice impression. The anger is suddenly gone and replaced with a full blown laugh.

This was the Dyson I was beginning to like. He seemed pure, and unlike anybody I've ever met, right here in this moment.