"New Roomate"

The satisfaction of knowing that in just a mere of seconds I'll be entering one of the best schools in New York City, as a freshman.

I swear nothing could ruin this day.

I squealed in my seat, as the cab driver who appeared to be Indian stared at me through the rear view mirrors with a questioning look planted on his face.

I ignored him as I kept my gaze out the cab window. The rush of people walking; some rushing to catch the bus. Or some trying to haul a cab. The view was enticing. I could not wait to get my hands on my camera snapping pictures of the pedestrians.

Living in Pennsylvania for half of my life, I wasn't really used to this many people.

Oh - did I forget to introduce myself? I'm Marcia, Marcia Grace. Yes my last name can be considered a name. Shame on my mother.

I always question her as to why she decided to pair me with any name knowing that my last name would've suited me just fine. Alone.

Oh- and you guys are probably wondering how I got into Columbia University? Well, I've kept a good gpa range since my freshman year. My gpa isn't what only surprised them, I was actually the 1 out of the 5 students chosen to go this school.

And for that I thank Principal Keller he was always such a nice guy. He gave me this opportunity to enter one of the best schools in New York City,

I already mentioned that didn't I?

I'm all mouth today on the car ride here I couldn't stop bugging my oldest brother Alenjandro.

Speaking of him, the reason as to why he couldn't bring me all the way here was because he had to rush to get back to work. So after a quick goodbye I hauled a cab, and here I a-

"Ma'm, would you mind paying the cab fare now?, I've already placed your bags out front" the cab driver stated in an Indian accent.

I nodded quickly, "Oops, sorry" I laughed a bit. "Just excited, that's all" I said as I was about to hand him a 20 dollar bill, I quickly jerked my hand away "Wait.. How much did you say it was?"

"20 dollars, Ma'm" he stared at me through the mirror.

I handed him the bill thinking to myself how expensive that was for a cab ride. "R-right, sorry" I stammered, as I grabbed my belongings and got out of the cab. "Have a nice da-" he didn't even let me finish, as he drove away quickly as possible.

I stood there shocked and a bit annoyed at the cab drivers rudeness.

Don't let it get to you, Marci. That's just one person. Don't let him ruin your day.

My self conscious spoke to me; and she was exactly right, nothing was going to ruin this day.

As I tried to stroll into the schools large gates trying to manage 3 luggages and 2 duffle bags.

Blame my mother, again.

I sighed as people were already in groups chit chatting with their friends. Oh god I hope this 'college' life isn't similar to the highschool one. I thought.

"Hiya!" someone behind me said, I yelped as I let go of my luggages and they all fell in unison. I groaned, and thought 'where's the bellman when you need one?!'

This is college, Marcia. Not the suite life of Zack and Cody.

"Oops, I didn't mean to startle you" I turned around while in front of me there stood a beautiful, tall tanned female. Standing at about 5'9 she could've been a model for goodness sake. Well to me she could've been, I was only 5'4 and that only crushed my dreams - becoming a Victoria Secret Model. Anyway, this girl was absolutely gorgeous no doubt about it. Her flawless skin , her dirty blonde shoulder length hair was gushing against the New York City wind; oh my I suddenly felt introverted at this girls amazing features.