"The Party"

Marcia Grace

I heard the front door slamming and guessing it was Dyson, I walked out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around my body tightly.

I took a deep breath, and decided that I needed someone to talk too. So I called the only person I could. Lisa.

I dialed up her number which she gave me while we were downtown shopping. It ringed a couple of times before I heard Lisa's groggy voice.

"Did I wake you?" I asked starting to feel bad if I did.

"No, I'm looking for my stupid- Ugh! My roommate is such a dirty whore!" She screeched.

I chuckle lightly and shook my head. "Why? What's wrong with her?"

"I found a used condom next to her bed post and I almost stepped on it. She's disgusting!" Lisa gasped.

I scrunched up my nose as I starting to change into my undergarments. "That's gross, Lisa!"

"Well we all can't be saints, but anyway why the call? What's up?"

I sighed and began talking as I clipped my light purple lace bra on. "Well, as you know I dorm with an arrogant jerk who's over bearing at times-

"Not to mention, sexy, loaded with cash, only thing is his trash of a girlfriend-" she interrupted me.

"Lisa!"

"Oh sorry continue!"

I took a deep breath and exhaled, "Can you just come over to my dorm? I need girl time and no, Dyson isn't here so you won't have to worry!"

"Oh man, okay I'll be there in 20 minutes tops!" I heard the phone click faster then I could have even replied. I threw my phone on my bed, and changed into some nike shorts and a black Adidas shirt.

I sat on my bed waiting for Lisa patiently.

** 30 minutes later **

-"Sheesh Lisa, I said I needed girl time not a freakin sleepover!" Lisa had over exaggerated and brought literally 10 bags of chips a bunch of candy and movies. Remind me not to tell her I need girl time again.

"Well are you let me in or stand there and look pretty?" She asked. I chuckled and moved aside so that she could step in. She dropped all of the food on my bed and laid down on it.

I looked at her questionably as she patted down on the bed , "c'mon sit down and spill the beans!" I walked over to her and sat down.

I looked down at the food and heard her sigh, "Well! You called me over here so what's the matter?"

I looked at her and rolled my eyes "You were 10 minutes late."

"Well sorry, if you were me you would have been too!" She scoffs. I roll my eyes again in response and begin to tell her everything that happened. Starting from the conversation we had last night. Lisa sat there and waited until I was done.

"Honestly Lisa, you didn't see his anger. I mean I knew he was physically angry but- there was something more; his eyes- they were the scariest part of it all. You could see how angry he was, but behind it all there was pain as if he was hurt mentally. I don't know- once he saw me shaking up with fear he pulled away and he looked as if his whole world just came tumbling down" I explain.

It was true. I don't know who that person was. Truthfully I don't know Dyson at all. But in these past couple of days; I can tell the difference between the Dyson that usually ticks me off and the Dyson that was angry and raged today.

Lisa only nodded and rubbed my arm, I didn't realize I was crying. Until Lisa wrapped her arms around me. Wait. Why was I was crying? I had no reason too. She pulled away and stroked my hair.

"Ah, man. Marcia, I know this is all confusing to you. But give him time. I know you guys are just roommates. You just have to understand where he is coming from.."

I nodded in response, I don't know what she was talking about precisely. But I didn't want to talk about it anymore, it was draining. I guess she saw that because she jumped off my bed and stared at me with a smile plastered on her face.

"C'mon get up, grab your clothes for that party tonight, we're gonna get ready at my dorm." She said excitedly.

I then remembered that Henry's party was tonight and I groaned, I got up from my bed grabbing my clothes and the shoes I purchased walking out of the dorm with Lisa.

"Your roommate isn't there right?"

She sighs loudly, "No thank god, she's disgusting" I chuckle as we make our way over to her dorm.

***

"God Lisa, you don't have to tug on my eyelids!"

"Shush! Pain is beauty." She states knowingly.

"I thought it was beauty is pain?" I question.

She ignores my question and continues to sweep the eyeshadow harshly on my poor eyelid she said she was blending it out.

I was currently sitting at her vanity while she worked on my face and hair. I told her not to over exaggerate but she just told me to shut up and let her do her job. She's been working on me for about 35 minutes now.

Remind me why I let her do this?

The time was getting closer for the party to begin and to be honest I was getting nervous. I don't know why exactly.

Lisa finally finished with my hair and makeup, I already had my clothes and shoes on. As well as Lisa, who looked beautiful in leather tights and a nice white peplum shirt with some nude pumps. Her hair and makeup adding to her physical appearance. I stepped back and got up from my seat taking a look at my reflection through Lisa's vanity mirror.

I stared back in shock as she stood behind me smiling.

"You look gorgeous! Yay me" she screeched. I just stood there staring at me; well, whoever that girl in the mirror was. My brown eyes were popping out with the beautiful smokey eye Lisa had done on me, while my cheekbones and lips glossed to perfection. My hair was tousled in nice ringlets which soon would turn into huge waves.

I smiled and touched my hair believing that it was in fact me. Lisa then grabbed her small clutch passing me mine.

She rushed me out of the door and I breathed in deeply.

I had a weird feeling about tonight. As if something were going to happen.

and it wasn't going to be good.