chapter: 34

Anna
When we got to Leila's house she was dressed and waiting for us. She was dressed in a green gown with her hair pinned elegantly to the side,In fact she looked like an exotic beauty and I felt myself pale in comparison, I wished again that Max had the common sense to get someone make up anyway it could have been worse I shuddered thinking if I had been stubborn I would have been wearing my ragged dress.

I and Max sat on the two seaters and Leila sat opposite them half wishing she had invited Ethan but this was her mess to clear up,Max was about to say something but Leila held up her hands cutting him off,

"No let me, I have something to say. First I would start by apologising to you Max and you too Anna".

"Anna believe me when I say that i had a crush on Max ever since high school. He never ever looked my way, but I have always wanted him to be mine. I kept tabs on you Max, sorry am not usually a stalker but that was the depth of my emotion and when I heard about the party I came there, I found out you were totally into Anna and I decided to play a fast one".

"I drugged you and left with you that was why you couldn't remember anything after the party. I am really sorry and its kind of my fault the reporters came too. I invited them. The silence in the room was deafening".

Anna walked out and closed the door behind her leaning against it. This man has come to mean so much to her.

It took all her will power to leave him alone with Leila but she knew the two needed space and she was trained better than that . Anna got up she felt she was intruding moreover, in the eyes of the society, they were still engaged, so, the least she could do was give them space. Max grabbed her hands Anna stay, no Max, you guys need to talk and with her head held high she walked off.

When she left Leila turned and stared him in the eyes you really love her don't you? I know you do, the way you look at her, the way you can't seen to keep your hands off her,You are lucky to have her. She is matured and womanly, everything that I am not. It is not surprising that you fell for someone the direct opposite of me
"Well it just happened that way Max replied she looked at him a bit longer". I don't regret the time we spent together do you? "No Leila, you were one of the most fun loving person I have ever met" Max replied.

If there wasn't an Anna would it have been me? Max looked at her, he didn't want to hurt her but it would be better if he told her the truth "yes I would have stayed with you but eventually we would have broken up because,I have always had a thing for blondes. Moreover, I would have seen through the lies eventually. A single tear slipped from her eyes and he caught it with his finger, "don't cry Leila I like you as a friend and you are the smartest, bravest and strongest woman I have ever met".

You are the first woman to best me in anything but, why me Leila? Leila took a deep breath and let it out softly to relieve the pain in her heart. Letting you go wasn't easy but what choice did she have? You were there, handsome, brilliant muscular, and most especially, you saved me.

" Anna needs me, and, contrary to what you think, she is not that strong. In fact, she is quite fragile. She would shatter if I leave her and I also love her". She leaned over and pecked him thank you Max. If there is a next life, I will still choose you. friends? she asked him, friends, he replied and he got up and
left.

I could not believe that someone would do all that for a man that never even loved her. I felt a mixture of pity and anger for the poor little girl Leila was and even the unfulfilled woman she has become, loving a man that would never love her.

And I also felt anger and resentment that Leila would also go out of her way to deceive and manipulate Max. That was beyond selfish and unreasonable . And then she turned to look at Max through the key hole, his expression was a mixture of shock and disbelief.

She could tell he wanted to get mad at Leila but he didn't because she was on the verge of breaking down and he hated a crying woman, instead he laughed hard, he was a lot like Leila in determination and stratagem.

Anna was pacing, she has already decided that they had made up. She was thinking of leaving without Max. On second thought, she decided to peek and see what he was up to, but, luck wasn't on her side.

Max chose that moment to opened the door. She felt the door give suddenly and she fell inside the room. Max bent over and stared at her, "my little princess, you seem to be in the habit of always being sprawled on the floor".

She quickly stood up. Max continued to tease her so mercilessly. " By any chance, were you listening into my conversation"?

"No! she exclaimed blushing furiously".

I wondered what was taking you so long and I only wanted to see if you have decided to choose her over me she screamed hysterically.

He planted her a soul shuddering kiss. Anna listen, I would never leave you. Mmm, Max, how many girls have you said that to? About nine of them, you are number ten, Max replied nonchalantly.

Anna just turned and walked away as his sarcastic laughter followed her out. Don't you dare ever talk to me again she screamed with tears pouring down her face.

Anna come back I was just kidding Max called out. No no Anna maintained, there are something's that shouldn't be joked with. Anna I love you at that her mouth went firmly shut she stared at him and how many girls have you said that to? Only you his sincerity stroke a chord in her heart.

She ran over to him and threw her arms around his neck I love you so much too. And they kissed. He gave her his deep drugging kisses. Time flew by and she couldn't remember anything but, this moment and the fact that she was in love and was loved in return.

Do vote and comment I love to hear from you and please point out any grammatical error or mistake thanks.😊😊

💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟