Ending of our beautiful story

Chapter thirty. (Last chapter, sobs)

“You’re pregnant.” 

I stared wide-eyed at Fredrick, never have I ever tried to call this man Fred. It would be too weird. Plus he has this iciness to him that made me shrivel away. He’s one tough cookie, I tell you like a mafia boss. Not that he looked like one with tattoos covering the entire length of his arm and some on his neck. 

Actually he reminds me so much of papa. Sigh; if only he was here right now he would be beating Hunter to a mush for putting the pie in my oven when I’m so young. I’m eighteen, pregnant, the female alpha of a strong pack and soon to be an overprotective mother. 

Then it hit me, I’m pregnant. Oh my sweet baby cakes I’m pregnant. Like really pregnant, ballooned tummy pregnant! Weird craving pregnant! Emotional roller coaster kind of pregnant. Barfing mania pregnant…ew, not looking forward to that. Oh wait, been there done that. Then I realised I was staring into space, while everyone well just me, Fred, Leah and Fiona was there—they were staring at me. 

“What? Haven’t seen a pregnant lady before?!” I really need to go to an anger management class during these what? “How long am I?” I asked Fred, “Two months I assume.” Yea that’s it, during this remainder of eight months of pregnancy. 

“Well, that’s a bummer. I just bought some tights, branded stuff. Oh and I still have to rearrange the pack house to fit everyone, new curtains would be nice. Maybe enlarge it as well. I have to start decorating a baby room, damn. I have to baby proof the whole house. Wait, I can’t swear. What if my baby heard it? Da-doodleberries.” I started to talk to myself and ignored everyone around me, usually Hunter would be the one plucking me from the sky and setting me back on Earth. Hunter! How am I going to tell him? Should I slip a note under his pillow or something?

“Um sis?” Leah started to shake me back to reality. “Huh?” Brilliant reply if I may say so myself. “Are you okay?” Leah looked at me funny, probably trying to find any loose screws attached to my head. “I ugh, need to talk with Fredrick privately if you girls don’t mind.” I smiled reassuringly at them and they hesitantly followed. “I-Is it healthy? Is my baby healthy?” He cracked a tiny smile, like just a fraction of a second before turning cold again. “Its in a perfect condition, tough little bugger.” If I didn’t know better he sounded happy. 

I smiled at the thought of my strong little baby, “You know, if you want it to be a undisclosed I keep it a secret from Damon.” I wondered, do I want my brother to know first before the baby’s father? No. Absolutely not—one hundred and ten percent not. “Are you sure? He’s your alpha, you have to bid to his every command.” I teased, “You know he can’t handle something being hidden from him.” I chuckled. In truth, Damon was a very short tempered and cranky guy when he doesn’t get what he wants. Just like a child. I stroked my tummy lovingly, how could a life be sprouting within me? It’s so miraculous. 

“The guys has nothing on me, I didn’t join his pack. Merely offering my assistance that’s all. On the other hand, this is pack doctor and patient confidentiality. I won’t utter a word without your go ahead sign.” He’s too alike to papa, I fell like a child again. “Can I tell you something, Fredrick?” I glanced at the window, lighting the room in dazzling sunshine. “Yes, of course.” He sounded curious but hidden well. “You sound like my father sometimes, when I see you tattoos or when there’s a secret just between the both of us it brings back fond memories.” I smiled faintly.

He looked taken aback or some sort. “I…” He was speechless, gone was all the iciness and the cold look he usually worn. “I’m sorry for comparing you to a dead man Fredrick but I say it as compliment. My father was a great man and surely under that cold disguise of yours, lies a great man. One like my father.” I patted on his shoulder in a sisterly way, “Well I have tons of responsibility on shoulders, now if you excuse me.” I was about to leave when he called. “Lenora!” Raising I brow I looked at him over my shoulder. “Keep a stable mind, don’t have too much stress, don’t carry heavy stuff and try to rest as much as possible.”