Beneath the act

Chapter twenty-five

Damon’s POV

“DAMON! DAMON! PLEASE! SOMEONE, HELP!!!” I heard a faint cry from a distance of the pack house, Leah? LEAH! I ran outside, Hunter said they were gone. That cunning son of a bitch! Smashing the door opened, I ran towards a panicked looking Leah, her hair flying everywhere, messy and dirty. I gritted my teeth to not accidentally lash out on her. She collapsed once I got to her, her knees weak. 

“What happened? Why are you alone?! FREDRICK!” I yelled for the pack doctor, annoyed he’s taking his sweet time. “FREDRICK!!” I was much more stern, ready to rip his head off. Fredrick rushed towards us, taking my place beside her to check for any vital injuries. He didn’t need any help swooping Leah in his arms, carrying her into the pack house. My inner wolf hated how he manhandled my sister, but no one knows how severe her condition could be. 

When he got to the door, ready to wench the door out of it’s place, Leah’s faint whisper made me stop him. 

“N-Nor-a.” She’s right, her sister’s not here. I’ll be damn if anything happens to her, I made a vow to our parents I would take care of them in one-way or another and I will!

“S-she ne-eds hel-p…” My wolf was raging, it must be those scoundrels! Years I tried to track them down and now they got her, I knew they were too silent.  I didn’t know when Hunter arrived but he was already in his wolf form bolting through the trees where Leah came.

“Don’t worry Leah, I’ll save her. I’ll save you both. Rest up.” I mind linked the guys, giving them the code red order. Not a second wasted, they were lined in front of me in their wolf forms ready for battle. I shifted myself. 

We have to follow Leah’s scent, that’s the only way to know where she is. Better hurry, the sky looks like it’s about to rain. We have to get there before the rain-washes Leah’s scent away. Let’s go!

Hunter knew this and already in the lead. I hate the guy but I can’t deny that he’s okay for that sister of mine. These few days made me say that even though I knew what he made her go through. I have been watching out for them, they never knew. 

Hunter’s POV

Lenora, Lenora, Lenora…It was like I’m possessed, only that name haunted me and the guilt of her slipping through my fingers right under my nose that day never ceased to disappear. It only became stronger as the days pass, I was about to get my clothes and randomly searching for her again, I can’t sit here doing nothing knowing that she’s out there, waiting for me. Saving her. That’s my only motivation to live; I’ll die without it…without her. 

I stopped dead in my tracks, dumbfounded by the person in the pack’s doctor’s arms. Leah! I was going to rip her out of his arms and shoot her millions of questions like a machine gun on her sister’s whereabouts. Until..

“N-Nor-a.” My guts were telling me to move on. Find her, get my mate back. But my heart was shattered, something had happened. Something bad.  I don’t know what but Leah’s next words got me out of my trance, shifting in mid air, I bolted through the trees. Leah’s scent would lead me the way. To her, my mate. Oh how I cursed my self every day and night.

I was stupid and arrogant, there was a time I waited for her. My mate. But none came to be, Natalie. She was smart, sweet and just deadly gorgeous. She was there for me, when I was lonely when I needed someone, my mate. 

She made me feel alive, she made me feel wanted. I was stupidly ignoring her excessive flirting, even with other males. I was too love struck to see what she really was, a cunning sly bitch. She had me doing her every bid, had me on my knees for her. I was that close to making her marry me. That day I wanted to propose, I learned about the truth and with the truth I shut everyone out.