Men are unknown creatures!

still in the middle of exams but i can't help but think i'm not being fair. so here you go, i don't know how i feel about this chappie yet. 

Chapter seventeen.

These past hours had been occupied by constant sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and dusting. At times like these I’m grateful for being born a werewolf, not a drop of a sweat had formed on my forehead. The place was spick and span once I was done with it. “I’ve out done myself!” (Insert snobby voice here).

“You didn’t have to do all of this, you know?” Damon walked into the kitchen as I was in the middle of preparing lunch. I thought I’d make them some of my special lasagne, don’t diss it till you’ve tried it.

“I’m not doing this for you guys, I was hungry. Just wanted to fix up a snack.” I lied and he chuckled. Damn, was I that obvious? I get it; I failed those so-called actors.

“Then why are you making six enormous batch of them?” He leaned against the counter top, I felt him stare at my back.

“I have a big appetite.” I turned and shrugged at him with a traitorous smile on my face. I have absolutely zero acting abilities! I turned around once more and slid the final batch into the preheated oven; now all I have to do is wait for them to cook. I don’t know why but I suddenly felt this strong urge to sing mama’s lullaby she always sang for Leah and me. Seeing how Damon’s here, I hummed it instead as I washed the cutlery I used.

“That’s beautiful.” Damon praised, clapping his hands in ovation.

“Pardon?”

“That melody you hummed. That’s not all to the song I assume?” I nodded.

“Thanks, mama used to sing it all the time.” He sort of stiffened a bit before his eyes soften again and said, “Can you…sing it for me?” He asked and it shocked me at first but agreed anyway. I cleared my throat.

“Sleep my darling sleep,

Let the night pass on by,

As the angels watch you in a deep slumber,

Watching over those who they cherish,

Oh…

The love of innocence.

The night has come forth,

Thee have and thee shall,

Fall into a deep slumber,

Oh, sleep my sweet with the sound of serenity,

May tomorrow bring on a new day.

Sleep my darling sleep,

Let the night pass on by,

As the angles watch you in a deep slumber,

Watching over those they cherish,

Oh…

The love of…innocence.” It’s short but memorable, I thought to myself.

“You sing like a nightingale.” He stared at me in awe. Oh please, little ol’ me? It was okay I guess, could’ve been better if a professional sang it. Like Psyley. Oh, don’t come knocking now Bella. My lips formed a big grin and bowed like those maestros usually do.

“Don’t get carried away now.” He shook his head in hilarity and walks off.

“Don’t be late for lunch!” I shouted and he raised his hand before sauntering off somewhere. “I swear this the weirdest kidnapped I had ever experience.”