Unwanted company

Chapter two.

“Nora, what are we going to do?” Leah asked as soon as she woke up early in the morning. I was already awake at five. I stared at her face for a while, thinking about her question over and over again in my head. What were we going to do? For now, we have to ask the alpha’s permission that we failed to do yesterday. I sighed, why is this happening so soon? We just got here.

“We have to go to the alpha’s house today. We didn’t go yesterday. We’ll stop by on our way to school, I guess right now we’ll get ourselves ready.” The corners of my mouth curved upwards to form a reassuring smile. She smiled back before going to the bathroom for a shower. We’ll be alright, we have each other.

I let my eyes roam around, surveying our new home. We had a lot of homes in the past but we never stayed longer than a year. We still had boxes to unpack, clothes to sort out and furniture to rearrange.

 I got up and knocked the bathroom’s door.

“L, are you done? I need a shower too!” She had been in there for thirty minutes.

“Okay, okay! Don’t get your panty in a twist!” I’m glad her voice sounds cheerful. She slides the door open with a grin on her face. I rolled my eyes and stepped inside the bathroom with a towel then shoving her playfully. She stumbled before regaining her balance. She scowled and flipped me the bird before I slammed the door in her face.

“WAIT!!! NORA!” After I closed the door for a second, Leah was yelling at me and knocking the glass sliding door in a hurry.

“What?!” I snapped, opening the door with force.

“I need to pee.” She smiled sheepishly before rushing into the bathroom/toilet and locking it. I massaged my forehead in disbelief. What is wrong with that girl?

The clocked showed 7 am, meaning we had an hour before school starts. We were both dressed in jeans and crop tops. Leah had worn a white crop top while I preferred black, both of us wearing a red tank top underneath. I decided on wearing black gladiator heels while she went for silver stilettos, her all time favourite. She made her blonde hair in soft waves while my brunette hair went for an au naturale straight. As soon as we finished getting reading, we took our bags and head to the pack house.

“Nora, will they approve of us? I mean, I heard the alpha of this pack is a stern and harsh man. I don’t know if he’ll…let us stay.” I heard about that too however I never believe in rumours. Most rumours are not to be trusted but there is a possibility of it being true. We have to stay optimistic.

I continued focusing on the road ahead. “We don’t have a choice. This is their territory; we have no say in this. We’ll leave if they reject us but keep your hopes up, L.” She nodded twice then gazed out the window, viewing the trees that pass by.

Pack houses are usually situated deep in the woods, being close to mother nature makes werewolves feel stronger and away from human eyes. Humans don’t know of our existence and we like it that way. Hunters are no longer an issue; they decided we were harmless long ago so they stopped hunting us. There still are rogues that kill their own species out there not to mention some vile and abusive packs that kill the weak and mistreat the females.

In no time, we arrived at a huge modern mansion. I was so nervous my hands trembled. Leah saw that and tried comforting me. I had to admit, the nerves did went down a bit. We got out of the car, standing side by side. I felt a lump in my throat. I’m obviously still nervous hence; I took a deep breath only to be hit by a strong choking scent. Yet, I can’t get enough I took another deep breath and another till my anxiety was fully demolished.