Broken Wish

*Bailey's P.O.V*

I am sitting in my old and dirty room watching two raindrops race down the window. This is basically what I do 24/7. If you don't count the beatings and the chores. Let me introduce myself. My name is Bailey Mae. Mae is my middle name because I don't have a last name because I am in an orphange. I am 9 years old.

You're probably wanting to know my story. Well I have been in this orphange since I was five. My mother was murdered......by my father. And my dad also stabbed my little sister who was 4 months old at the time. I don't really like talking about because.....well......I witnessed it.

Everthing.

The only reason I am alive is because I escaped. I ran as far as I could and ended up at the park. Some people saw me and asked why I was screaming and told them. They called the police and my father was arrested. I didn't have any relatives who wanted to tak me in, so I was put into an orphanage. Which is why I am here now.

Three words 'It.Sucks.Here' I literally get NO freedom! I am forced to stay in this dump of a room until I am told otherwise. I only get to come out if I am doing chores or "eating". Reason I put in quotation marks is because we get bread and water. Maybe peanut butter to go with it if we are lucky.

I also have very little clothes. And when I say little, I mean I have two pairs of jeans and two shirts a brown winter beanie and a black jacket. I am provided with a toothbrush and hairbrush.

I am usually "the trouble maker" around here. I am also very shy. The owner, Mrs.White. She doesn't like me what so ever. I am the only one who gets pushed or slapped by her. And the othe kids get more food than I do. Sometimes I don't even get food. Everyone here hates me. Don't ask me why because I don't know the answer to that.

Well enough about me let's get to the real story. Today is adoption day. Which I know for a fact that I won't get adopted. Mrs.white could make up something about me so that people won't want to adopt me.

I just want to get out of here. Have a family. And eat actual food. But I know that will never happen.

"BAILEY!" Mrs.White barges into my room and slaps me in the face hard. I hold back tears and get off the bed and straighten myself up and face her.

"Get dressed. Today is adoption day. It doesn't matter if you dress nice or not, no one will want to adopt you anyways." She says and leaves the room.

I try not to cry but fail to do so. I start crying and make my way over to the tiny table which has my clothes on it. I pick out one out of two pairs of jeans which are dark blue and a light brown shirt with pink flowers on it. I get my beat up, old pink hightops and put them on. I brush out my long light brown hair and put on my beanie and jacket and make my way out of the room.

*Matt's P.O.V*

Cameron, Nash, and I were sitting on the couch of our house watching tv. It went on commercial and I saw a commercial for kids in foster care. It was really sad knowing that all of those kids don't have a home and here we are in two story, 4 bedroom house for three people.

"Man look at those kids. They look so miserable." Nash said.

"I know." Cameron sighed. An idea popped into my head.

"Hey what if we were to adopt a kid?" I looked over at the boys who's faces lit up.

"Yeah! Maybe we could get a.....girl?" Nash said.

"Great idea!"I sat thinking for a moment.

"Who will be the dad?" I asked.

" You. You thought of adopting a kid, so you will be the father." Cameron said and Nash agreed.

"Alright well then let's go." We hopped into the car and made our way to the orphange we have seen before downtown.