local teacher plays hooky

I finish my packing and then hope I won't get in any sort of serious danger with the brothers. I mean, I shouldn't. Right? Oh God, what am I even getting myself into?

Dean takes my suitcase and throws it in the backseat of the Impala, and then we drive back to the hotel. I take this time to ask him more questions about the situation.

"So how am I supposed to get you into school? Isn't it dangerous for me to be there?" I ask.

"Yeah." Dean says without an explanation.

"Okay ... so how am I supposed to get you in if I can't be there?" I say, turning to face him.

Dean glances over at me and then looks back on the road. "Easy. One of us is gonna be a sub for your class. We've done the whole school thing before, so... Easy. Probably Sammy, though. He likes school more than I ever have. You, you're going away for some much needed personal time. We've figured it out with your principal. It was really easy. That guy will do anything for you. Anything."

I roll my eyes at the mention of Scott. It's his fault I'm in this situation anyway, the ass. I think about this and re-realize something. Sam and Dean think Scott killed Cathy.

"Wait. Scott killed Cathy?" I look over at Dean.

Dean nods. "Yup." He says this without any emotion, as if he hears this sort of thing all the time.

"And so I have to lie to my students ... and play hooky? Something they get in trouble for doing?" I rub my face. This is a mess.

"Yup." Dean sighs, as though he is getting irritated with me.

"This is ridiculous." I snort.

"Well, I was gonna not tell you and see how long it would take before the ghost got you, but Sam said no, so ... you're welcome." Dean snarks at me.

I roll my eyes. "Are you always an ass?"

"Yes, pretty much. Are you always annoying?" Dean asks, glancing over at me.

"Only to you and the kids that don't want homework, apparently." I say with an eye roll.

Dean scoffs. "I don't blame them." 

"I suppose you never did your homework?" I ask.

"No." Dean responds. "As a matter of fact, I did not do much of it, because all throughout my years of school, I bounced between many different schools while my father hunted monsters."

I roll my eyes. "That doesn't mean you couldn't do your math homework. I bet some European History could have done you good."

Dean laughs. "Yeah, oh, I'm sure." He says with a sarcastic attitude. "Besides, I didn't need to do my homework to know what I was doing."

"Wow, confident much?" I cross my arms and shake my head.

"Yes, I'm very self-confident, actually. The ladies love it. Along with my eyes." He smirks smugly.

"You're a cocky asshole, you know that?" I tell him.

"Yeah? Well, you're a ... a goody two shoes." He says, turning to look at me.

"You say that like it's a bad thing. I'll gladly be a goody two shoes any day rather than being a delinquent." 

"Oh my God, a delinquent? That's what you think I am?" 

"Well aren't you?"

"You're unbelievable."

I smirk and lean back in my seat. I have now won this argument. "You didn't deny it."

"You know what, Miss Condescension? Just shut up."

"Gladly, as long as you do the same."

"Deal." Dean says, and reaches forward to punch one of his cassettes in, and I roll my eyes as "Stairway to Heaven" begins to play. Of course he just happens to like the music from my favorite band of all time. That just makes the situation now even more annoying.

I find myself humming along quietly as I notice Dean beginning to tap his fingers on the steering wheel in beat with the music. He seems to notice my humming at the same time. 

"You like Led Zeppelin?" He asks, the sass from his voice earlier gone.

"Yes, I'm not stupid." I respond.

I see a twitch of a smile appear on Dean's face. "Well, I didn't figure you were stupid, based on the amount of books I saw in both your classroom and your house, and not to mention the fact that I saw an education degree from University of Wisconsin in your classroom also." 

I shrug and feel my cheeks turn a bit red. Did he actually compliment me? Or was he somehow making fun of me for having an intelligent hobby and going to a good school? "Well, I would be stupid if I didn't appreciate the music of Led Zeppelin, now wouldn't I?"

Dean nods. "Well, I guess you would." He chuckles slightly. "I also noticed you picked up on our Queen reference with our fake FBI names."

"So it was based on Queen! Here I just thought originally it was a super cool coincidence."

"No, I'm afraid not." Dean laughs and I laugh too. "What kind of teacher are you, anyway?" He asks, giving me a mocking look.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Playing hooky like this. Don't you know your students need you?" He teases.

"Oh please! I believe you told me I had to stay away from school or I could get hurt!" I laugh and swat him in the arm. "That's just rude! I'd one hundred percent rather be there then stuck in some shady hotel with you!" 

"It's not just me, Sam's there too."

"And thank God he is, because you're a jerk!"

"Thanks, Eddie. That's truly the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me." Dean mocks me, his voice full of sarcasm. 

I roll my eyes and notice we are pulling up to this "shady hotel". "Oh get over yourself, Winchester." I say, grabbing my bag and getting out of the Impala as soon as he's shifted it to park. 

"Why should I get over myself? I am fantastic." He grins and gets out his hotel key, then opens the door. "Wait, what the Hell...." The door was already unlocked, and cracked open. "I closed this before we left. Eddie, get back in the car." The joking tone is gone from his voice and he forcefully but gently pushes me back behind him. He also pulls out a gun, holding it out in front of him.

"Do you want me to call the pol-"

"No, I want you to get your ass back in the Impala." He hisses, and so I do, and then he barges in with his gun. The door swings shut behind him and I see the deadbolt click shut, which I find strange. No one had even turned it. 

I hear some thrashing and clanking coming from the room before and eerie and creepy black cloud comes sliding out from under the door and then disappearing into the sky. The door then swings open, revealing a pissed and worried Dean. "He's gone."

aaand finally we see the appearance of my description quote, and the namesake of the book. there you go, this is why my book is titled "goody two shoes". questions/comments/concerns? please please please leave them in the comments! i'll be glad to get back to you!

xoxo madi