hell and holy water

Sam and Dean, "the Winchesters", take me to a seriously run down hotel on the other side of town. "Nice place." I say, trying to hide the fear/disgust in my voice as I look around.

Dean shoots me a look. "Sorry, Miss Priss, we all can't afford silk sheets and memory foam mattresses."

"Oh, and you think a schoolteacher can afford those things?" I question him. I can't afford the sheets, obviously ... but I do have the mattress.

Dean just snorts and rolls his eyes, then looks away. Isn't he pleasant? He walks over to the fridge and pulls out a brown bottle. "Want some?" He shakes his beer at me.

"No thank you." I reply.

"You could probably use one." He chuckles and sits down on the bed, sprawling out. 

I ignore him and turn to Sam, who seems like the more reasonable brother. "Sam, how long do I have to stay here? I have school in the morning, and my car is still at school, and my clothes are at home..."

"Well, I don't think it's safe for you at school or at home. But, you do have a job, and we don't want to get you fired. I can take you to pick up your car later, and then we can stop at your house so you can get some clothes and things. Then we will come back here." Sam says.

I frown and look at the two brothers. "Are you kidnapping me?"

Dean scoffs. "No. You're free to leave any time. We don't care if you, you know, get spited by an angry ghost or something."

Sam looks at me and sighs. "Well, my brother may not care for the lives of high school history teachers," he lowers his voice before speaking again, "He flunked history . . . but I loved history." He smiles and I return the smile. "I'll make sure you and the others are all okay."

I smile at him. "Thank you, Sam. You're so helpful."

"Helpful? Try helpless." Dean snorts. "Listen here, Miss History. Sam here might be all nice and easy to talk to, but I'll do most of the protecting around here. He likes getting himself in some pretty deep trouble, especially if a sexy demon is around." He says, and I see Sam shoot him a glare. "Oh, that reminds me." Dean stands up and grabs a flask from his back pocket.

"That reminds you to drink?" I give him a questioning look.

"No." Deans smirks and throws the flask in my direction, the liquid hitting me in the face. 

"What the hell?" I ask, glaring at him. 

"Holy water. To make sure you aren't possessed or anything." He smirks.

I give him a look. "Listen. I don't need to be possessed to punch you right in your smug face." I stand up tall and lunge towards him. Sam stops me, grabbing me by my small shoulders and pulling me back.

"That's real cute. The whole 'Miss Hot Angry Schoolteacher' thing? Really cute." Dean rolls his eyes.

"Don't . . . don't call me 'cute', Dean." I frown.

"But you are cute, even if you're a tremendous pain in the ass." Dean laughs. "Isn't she cute, Sammy?"

Sam rolls his eyes. "You're adorable, Eddie."

I blush slightly and look away, out the window. "Can we go back to my place, now?" I change the subject.

"Sure." Sam says at the same time Dean says, "I guess so."

"I'm not going with you." I point to Dean.

"Well, then I guess you're walking, because I'm not letting either of the two of you drive my baby." Dean gestures out the window to his black Impala.

"Dean, come on." Sam chuckles.

"No. No." Dean shakes his finger at Sam. "No Sammy."

Sam sighs and turns to me. "Eddie, I'm sorry . . ." 

I frown and shrug. "It's okay. I can go with Dean." I give him a look and sigh, grabbing my purse. "Let's go . . ."

Dean laughs and grabs his keys, then walks out to the Impala.

I turn and give Sam a look, which makes him laugh, then I follow the arrogant brother to his car.

I give him the directions to my house, and soon we're there. "Did you obey one traffic sign the whole time?" I ask as I get out of the car.

"I stopped at the stop signs, didn't I?" Dean points out.

"Yeah, but those were the only ones you did follow!" I exclaim.

"Whatever." Dean rolls his eyes. I huff and walk up to my door, then unlock in and walk inside. Dean follows me. 

"Um, could you take off your shoes?" I ask, slipping my heels off. 

"Oh, you're one of those people." Dean says, but he slips off his boots anyways. I notice him looking around my house. "This is really nice. You bought this all on your own?"

I nod as I lead him upstairs. "Well, my ex and I bought this together." I clear my throat.

"Ex husband?" Dean asks.

"Ex fiance." I frown and stop at the top of the stairs.

"What happened?" Dean asks, watching me with actual interest.

"He fooled around with my ex best friend, who was going to be the maid of honor at our wedding. I found out a month before we were going to be married." That is all I say about that before walking over and opening my bedroom door. The James/Olivia thing was still a pretty sore spot in my heart.

"I'm sorry. That sucks." Dean says, and for once I can tell he's actually being sincere.

I shrug and open my closet, pulling out a small, carry-on size suitcase. "It's old now."

"So is slavery. Doesn't make it right." Dean mutters.

"That's true, but I'm over it." I set the suitcase down on my bed and carefully begin to pack my clothes. I expect Dean to make some snarky comment about me taking too long, but he doesn't. I can't help but think it has something to do with what I just told him.

Dean walks around my room, inspecting my books, knick knacks, and picture frames.

"Who's this?" He holds up a frame with me and a little red headed girl.

"My niece, Hannah." I say. "And those are my parents, my brothers, and my sister." I point to the other frames on my desk. I notice some sort of longing in his eyes, and for the first time I wonder just what kind of childhood the Winchester brothers exactly had.

"Must be nice." Dean starts after taking his eyes off my pictures. "Having that family behind you. Supporting you. Giving you a good life."

I nod. "It was very nice. Is very nice."

Dean smiles sadly and nods. "I'm sure."

"What about your family?" I ask, stopping my packing to look at Dean.

He clears his throat and rubs the back of his head. "Sammy is my family."

"He seems like a good guy. Is he a good brother?" I don't ask Dean about his parents. It's most likely a touchy subject.

Dean smiles. "He's okay. I'm the better brother."

I roll my eyes. Leave it to him to bring back that awful attitude.

"Oh I'm sure." I snort.

"I am! Now come on, get packing! We don't have all freaking day, Miss Big House!"

Aww so that chapter kind of gave me the feels...anyone else? Please please please show my book some lovin' and give me some feedback!
Madi