The Buisness

I just wanna thank every single one of you who took the time to read my book and comment and vote and stuff since its almost over...especially @iiame_97, she's been here since the beginning of Chasing After You and she so happens to play Sunny :) love you girl!

Thank you to @Jay_BreezyFL & @MBGeek too, both for their encouragement & Marcy for these fantabulous (that IS a word...LOL) covers!

I didn't mention all of you but I can't go on with this monologue...

So anyways...

ENJOYY!

[WARNING: Strong language was used in Roc's part of this chapter...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Roc's POV::  

{Saturday}  

(11:24 A.M.)

I stretched, rolling out of my bed and throwing on a wife beater. We had some running around to do before Miya's party, so Lex-err, Alex, was keeping her busy. I went to the guest room to see Jawan already awake and on the phone.

"That's cool, thank you."

"What time is the gig?"

"Around 7-ish. I want this to be a surprise to the girl."

"Okay. They'll be there."

"Thanks again."

He hung up the phone and turned to me.

"Who was that?"

"My manager. Don't tell anyone, but I got Diggy and Jacob Latimore to come down. They should be on the road soon."

"That's good and all, but do we have to pay extra or something?"

"Nope, we good." he said, putting on his shoes. "Are we going out?"

"Yeah, we gotta get you over to Alexandria's house for sound check after I go pick some stuff up and I didn't think you'd wanna be stuck in my house by yourself."

He just nodded and followed me to the car. Surprisingly, no one in the neighborhood noticed.

I pulled out of the driveway and headed to the interstate.

"Are you going to get her a present?"

"Yeah, I almost forgot. You're lucky you don't have to get anything for her. We just have to figure out a way to get you into a box with a big bow on top."

He chuckled. I guess he thought I was joking.

Let him keep thinking that then.

"Well... what do you think she wants?"

"To be honest...I don't even know, but not some girly, glittery shit."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Maybe I should just get her a custom made pair of J's with her name on 'em. Everybody likes shoes. Some fool is gonna try to wrap a basketball, guarantee."

I took one hand off of the wheel and took out my phone, placing an express order on a pair of Jordan's.

"Hello?"

"Hey. Can you put a rush on a custom pair of black and gold J's? Have them engraved for a girl named Jamiya please."

"Yeah, do you need your shoes tomorrow or later?"

"I need them today..."

"Well we're closed today," the lady said, popping her gum into the receiver.