Motives

I'm really not feeling happy right now.... :/ But since you guys wanted an upload....here you go. I don't know what I was doing with this chapter..

So yeah...

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Ray's POV::

I kicked the wall, ready to get out of this dingy, nasty place. They had brought both of us to a juvenile detention center in downtown LA and believe me, this shit sucks. Who would've thought it'd be illegal to fight in my neighborhood? Especially when you have nosy ass neighbors.

I looked over at Chresanto, who had his hands clasped as he leaned over. I glared at him for a second. If he never stepped foot in my yard, we wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have a possibly broken nose and he wouldn't have a busted lip.

"Why?" he asked.

I just stared.

"I know you heard me."

"Why what?"

"Why did you go with her? Why did you change, Ray?"

"Times are hard."

"I know that. You think I don't? Look at my mom and dad."

"It's not always about you." I hissed, rolling my eyes.

He sighed. "I know."

"It doesn't seem like everyone else knows that. I mean-"

The gate clicked and an officer came in. "Chresanto August, Raquan Smith, you both are being released with a warning."

I nodded, getting up and walking out of the cell. I still have to have business to take care of.

::Roc's POV::

I never got to hear what Ray had to say, but I walked out to see Alex waiting on me. I smiled and then frowned, knowing she knew why I was in here.

"How'd you hear?"

"News travels fast when you have Facebook."

I nodded and we walked to her car. The whole drive, I sat there debating on whether I should tell her. I guess it's time to put on the big boy pants now, huh?

I swallowed hard as I followed her inside the house, closing the door behind me.

"Where is your mom?"

"Out." she stated simply.

"Oh," I said awkwardly, trying not to sit down.

She came near me, sliding her arms around my neck. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head. "We need to talk."

She looked at me weirdly before sitting down in front of me. "About...?"

"Us."

'Stop beating around the bush!' I mentally yelled at myself.

"You're gonna break up with me...right?" She asked, the tears already forming in her eyes. I bit my lip and shook my head. I hated seeing her cry.

"But you're probably gonna break up with me."

"Dammit Chris, just tell me!"

Her eyes burned into mine as I tried to find the words. I took a breath. "I was dared to go out with you."

She put her head in her hands, running them through her wavy hair. "Get out."

"N-no, I-I'm sorry I-"

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE CHRESANTO! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!"

"Alex, let me explain." I said as calmly as I could, but even I heard the shakiness in my voice.

"I had enough of your explanations. I can't believe that I thought you actually liked me." She ran her hands through her hair again, pacing. "I'm so stupid."

I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, trying to calm her down, but she pushed me off.

"Fuck you," she spat, glaring at me. "I can't believe I loved you."

"Alex don't say that."

"Say what? The truth? Why the fuck are you still here dumbass?"

"Because you're not the only one that's hurting! I LOVE YOU. I loved you then and I love you now. You never saw it, did you? Everything I did for you. I was always here except during those 2 years, but I backed off when I knew something was wrong. I have my limits. Those girls never meant anything to me and when I got you back, my world was okay. I had my best friend back. The love of my life. And you never got that."

I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked away. Everything's out on the table.

"How do I know this isn't a trick too? Stop playing like everything's a game."

I shut my eyes, trying to push my angry thoughts away.

She didn't believe me. "If you can't see that I'm telling you the truth, we shouldn't be together. I'll send Jawan over here Saturday night. See you at the party."

I walked out and slammed the door, bracing myself for a saddening walk home. Of course, my personal pity party was cut short when I saw a tall figure running out of my house.

I ran up to it, sliding through the already unlocked door and I felt my mouth pop open.

I looked around and saw broken shards of glass everywhere, most likely my mom's plates that once covered the table. I walked up the stairs looking for my mom only to run into a person I never thought I'd see in my house again.

This day has truly been hell.

"What are you doing here?"

"Stay out of this or you'll get hurt."

"How am I supposed to stay out of this shit when you're in my house! Didn't I tell you to build you fucking box on the street and leave us alone?"

I glared at my father, breathing heavily. "If I didn't do this, you'd both be dead right now. Go downstairs and to the kitchen. I left something for you there. Carlitos is outside and he doesn't play. I have to go."

With that, he sped out the door, leaving me speechless.

What kind of shit was this?

I walked downstairs and sure enough there was a note on the counter. I picked it up and peaked out the door to see my mom walking to me. I hugged her quickly and returned to the paper.

"Dear Chresanto & Trina,

I hope you understand that I only did this for you too. I wasn't the best person but that doesn't mean I want you dead. Follow these directions to the letter:  

1. There's a lot of stuff hidden in the basement. It all says property of Carlitos.  

2. His address is 1247 Hudson Boulevard. Tip off the police and use the drugs as evidence.  

3. There's some money stashed downstairs too. Use this to move ASAP. Just get out of that house.

- Hayden."

I sighed. This would be one long ass week.