13

"Lord! I done missed you so much baby!" Chubs mother said as she got in the front seat of his truck

He had just picked her up from the airport and his hands were already sweating as he gripped the wheel.

Toya rolled the window down as he cruised down the highway "goddamn it, this city is so beautiful Quentin"

"Like you"

The rest of the ride was silent, awkwardly for chubs but comforting for his moms

He didn't know what she would say but time was not to be wasted

"Momma we needa talk about something"

She wiped her forehead but wasn't interested as he pulled up to his huge new home "wow this is gorgeous son, you live in this big place alone ?!"

He got out "umm actually I don't"

Just then Marc was looking out the window seeing chubs truck pull in , he rushed downstairs and outside. He came out smiling "Let me help you with these" he said picking up her bags and retreating back inside

"Your friend is so nice! He didn't have to do that!" She said following behind

Chubs nerves were getting to him "Ma go freshen up upstairs then come down so we can have that talk"
...

Shai held mason as she made a bottle , she had been home for a couple days now. It was weird living with dejah and not Kells but she didn't want to be in the middle of their shit.

She replayed what dejah had said , she truly did have everything in her life besides someone to share it with. She was over the games though, she needed someone consistent, someone real.

She looked at mason ,wondering how she would ever tell the story of his father, maybe she would have saved nick if she knew that she was carrying.... but all of it was just scenarios she told herself to get it off her mind. After all, she did have many things going great for her.

She had got a job teaching at a top private Texas high-school and she would be starting in a couple days as a new school year approached. Dejah agreed to watch mason for her as she did not work and decided to finish getting her degree online.

Life was on the upside for her, for once and to be honest her only down side in this life has been a mans love. The love she found herself craving less and searching less for after stepping into motherhood.

All her past relationships were rushed, she was too anxious, too naive, she wanted love so bad that she was willing to take so much pain as the cost.... she wasn't that woman anymore, she couldn't be.

She pulled the bottle out of masons mouth as he fell asleep and laid him down as she flipped through Netflix.

Dejah knocked on the door before being allowed to enter. She sat at the bottom of the bed quiet for a millisecond before cracking a smirk.

"What are you smiling for?" Shai said smirking

Dejah shrugged "knowing ima be okay, I don't know I just decided to step back and come to peace with what happened between me and your brother, sometimes it doesn't work out how you planned but maybe it's because we don't know what's planned in our life at all really... so what is reality was meant to be, has always been"

Shai was slightly confused and knew her homegirl was still cut deep but she had to keep herself in the positivity.

Shai hugged her "you will be good sis, trust. I love you and Kells but if y'all are better apart then that's how it is"

Dejah nodded she ran her fingers through her hair "I'll always love him. He gave me the gift of motherhood, he's  one of the only guys who I've really found a deep connection with"

Shai nodded "bitch we both broken as far as love goes but let's appreciate the journey for now, worry about the destination later"
...

Kells walked around the abandoned nightclub with dean , they had decided to go with a dynamic nightclub... there was enough strip clubs but nobody knew how to have a good time like kells.

"Right here I need the all glass bar with the neon lights that change, I want it to be a round arch and over there I want the spiral staircase to the VIP areas upstairs on the top floor" he said as he spoke to the contractor

He had gutted out the place entirely  and it was gon take his money and patience to get the club open in a couple months.

He walked outside as he pointed above "I need a neon sign right here with the name, the Neon Rose" the rose room was too classy and subtle for what he pictured his club to be.

Dean looked at the contractor as he scribbled things down "make sure you get all this down yahrrd ? We can't afford no mistakes with all the money we done paid already"

...

Chubs and Marcus had just sat at the table with His mom when Darius came running downstairs with his football "pops I'm going outside with the kids"

Marcus just watched as the door swung close

Chubs cleared his throat "momma I need to get something out"

She laughed a lil "well cough it up"

Chubs cleared his throat once more "Marc isn't my friend, I bought you here because I wanted to tell you that I'm gay and we are getting married..... I wanted to know if you would be apart of our ceremony and life"

Her eyes showed shock but also devastation and disappointment. She sat still and frozen for an excessive amount of minutes.

With her hands still shaky and her eyes watery she spoke finally "I can barely stand to sit in your face any longer. I'm sorry Quentin but I cannot be apart of this or your life any longer"

Chubs nodded as he sniffled and sucked his tears up "alright I'll get you home" he started to go get his keys

Marc was silent when she said something to him "I hate you, you ruined him!"

Chubs turned around in his tracks , he stopped Marc before he could reply and stepped in front of his mother "ruined me?! You got some nerve , you left me with your crack head ass brother when I was a kid and that's why I'm I was ever in the drug game! He done changed my life for the better, the life you don't want to be apart of so say nothing else, grab your stuff, and I'm gladly bringing you to the airport and buying you a ticket home"
...

Marc handed Darius the ketchup while they sat at the table eating dinner .

Marc's eyebrow popped up when he heard the house door slam, he knew chubs would be angry when he returned and he wanted to do everything to show him he cared and it would be okay so he made sure while he left he went to the store and set some things in place.

He got up from the table before walking upstairs to his bedroom after chubs. When he walked in chubs was just standing there wiping his eyes.

He grabbed his hand and started walking into their bathroom, the hot tub inside already up and running with a blunt rolled in the ashtray and a bottle on ice.

"I'll be back okay? Get in. I got to go put Darius in the bed"