11

Kells shot a text to dean, putting there meeting on hold till he figured out his new situation

He walked out of the bathroom connected to the bedroom as he brushed his teeth "I gotta take a trip today but I'll be back tonight"

Dej patted MJs back as he laid down whining "why?! I need you to watch MJ, I gotta go to the registry"

He walked back in the bathroom rinsing and finishing up before leaning in the doorway "lastnight I gotta call from Frizz's BM and she struggling and wants me to take the baby.... I owe it to him"

Dej's face scrunched up " 1. When were you going to tell me 2. How are you bringing another kid in here when I mainly take care of MJ now. You didn't ask me if I wanted to be taking care of another child, ya so fucking selfish man!"

Kells rubbed his forehead "you think you take care of MJ more or mostly? No funny shit lately you been saying some shit but that's why I'm changing so I can be a better father" he started to pack MJs bag for the day "and you right I didn't ask cause I ain't feel like there was a choice , this is about a child's life first"

Dejah laid MJ down as she sighed "my problem isn't with the decisions you make Kells, its that you never talk through the shit with me"

Kells face showed nothing but sarcasm "CAUSE YOU'RE SO DAMN PESSIMISTIC ALL THE DAMN TIME"

"CAUSE U MAKE DUMB DECISIONS ALL THE DAMN TIME" she said throwing her hands by her side

Kells laughed a little "my point exactly. You don't know how to support a nigga"

Dejah stood in his face now "YOU KEEP GOING BACK TO SUPPORTING YOU, ISNT THAT WHAT IVE ALWAYS DONE! ISNT THAT WHAT I WAS DOING WHEN I SAVED YOUR ASS FROM PRISON AND BROUGHT YOU TO HOUSTON"

Kells walked away "if you was gon throw shit in my face, you shouldn't have done it."

Dejah rolled her eyes "doing all this talk about being a better man, being a better father..... and a stripclub is supposed to show your son you did something with your life? A stripclub? Really?" She laughed as she grabbed her car keys

What she said right then really hurt Kells, it was his first time really feeling like he was atleast trying to do something non crime related, his first time giving his self a shot to actually achieve something .... even if it's a stripclub.

Kells nodded as dejah walked out the room "you're right"

Soon after he was leaving with MJ

....
Caleb was as active as two year olds come but slightly more hyper. He looked just like frizz but slightly darker.

Kells handed MJ a fry as he watched Caleb eat rapidly. Kells could tell he had been starving. He laughed quickly as a memory of frizz flashed his mind.

After he fed the kids he drove by 321 where frizz used to live. He stopped across the street for a second and stared at the stairs

FLASHBACK

17 years old Kells was as fly and flashy as they came. He flipped his dreads backs and forth as he sat on the stoop with frizz and chubs.

Chubs laughed hysterically "frizz was so drunk lastnight, he almost made out with Shelly's aunt"

Kells made a fake barfing face "nasty ass motherfucker, her old ass be tryna fuck anything under 22 and she look 80 in the face but she a baddie below the waist! Her face look like something from fucking goosebumps though man! I couldn't!"

Frizz grabbed his stomach as he rolled on the stairs "nah hold on lemme explain! LET ME EXPLAIN! Man I thought that was Shelly fine ass cause y'all know everybody in that girl family got that butt in the back that makes your lips smack!" Chubs dapped him up in agreement "so you know I'm all in shorty ear off the henny and shit , spitting that game right? Or whatever and I'm telling her oh you look like Rihanna and shit!"

He paused "BITCH TURNED AROUND LOOKING LIKE RONALD ISLEY!"

it had caught Kells so off guard he almost spit up his snapple but in usual black people fashion , he ran down the stairs yelling

FLASHBACK OVER*

Kells snapped out of it as he started driving again. The streets was his enemy and he knew that now.
...

Dejah sat besides Shai bed "you got the degree, the kid, the home and everything else now all you need is the husband"

Shai was breastfeeding Mason "girl bye! I ain't worried about no nigga right now besides this one but speaking of husbands... where's Kells?"

Dejah sat up "this morning he told me he taking a trip out the fucking blue to go get frizz's son because diamond ain't right for now and what the fuck ever , we got into this huge argument and we ain't spoke since"

Shai looked down at mason as he was falling asleep "y'all will be fine"

Dejah sighed "I don't know. Lately its just been on the downward between us and it's like we can't get right. Honestly I just wanna feel like I matter to your brother, like my presence means more than just the fact I'm his babymomma , I wanna be his wife but I don't think we are headed in the same direction"

"Kells loves you girl. My brother he's not always the best when it comes to affection or feelings but give it time"

"I don't know. We are years in this and I feel like we not progressing but I do wanna make it right especially earlier, I always say shit I don't mean when I'm angry"

Shai slowly removed mason from her nipple as he laid in her arms
"You ain't learn from that text the first time? You better cut it"

Shai soon was Falling asleep but she really didn't care to even hear Dej's issues right now.

Dejah looked at the clock realizing how late it was getting and knowing Kells would be home soon. She quickly took a snap of Shai and mason and made her way home.

...
When dejah arrived both boys were already bathed , fed, and asleep.
Kells was sitting on the edge of the bed as he watched tv and scrolled through his phone.

Dejah was gonna cook but Kells already took care of it. "I thought you be just getting in now"

Kells looked up at her from his phone as if he had just realized her presence, he could be petty sometimes "oh. I ended up being able to get back earlier" he looked back down

Dejah walked over to him and sat beside him "earlier, i said some horrible things and-"

Kells cut her off "Nah, it's cool. Fuck it. Fuck all that"

Dejah bit her bottom lip "just hear me out .... please baby"

Kells shrugged "do what you want, say what u want, like you always do"

Dejah rolled her eyes at his sarcasm "alright I'm sorry partly. We both know you're a great dad, you try to spend as much free time as you can with MJ and I do appreciate that . A lot of things just be flying out my mouth when I'm mad"

Kells laughed "so that makes it okay ? Whats fucked up about it is all you been doing is bringing me down when I'm just tryna get up"

Dejah looked down as she spoke "I know it doesn't make it okay baby. I just wanna know I have a voice in the decisions effecting our lives and even more I want to be there for you, i want nothing more than to be your wife"

Kells pulled his phone off the charger "where havent you had a decision though besides Caleb? If I'm in the streets or whatever that has nothing to do with your choices though, it's my choice and for some reason you don't get it that I'm choosing the better choice now. AND I WAS GONNA MARRY YOU, you fucked that up when you fucked with ya ex"

"MOVE ON!! I NEVER WASNT DOWN FOR YOU!"

Kells shook his head "marriage ain't in our cards right now Dej"

Dejah sighed heavily "well maybe we should... check out our options, we clearly are on different pages"

Kells shrugged "do you. Ima do me"