Un easy

"What did you see Cara?" I question.

"Stephen and Hilary" she stutters.

"What?!" John rushes over to her.

"He was, he was on the bed with her". She sits down on the couch.They're sleeping together.

"Stephen wouldn't, would he?" I ask.
"She's a young girl, she's luring him".

"Yeah, she doesn't love her" I agree with Cara even though I couldn't convince myself it was true.

"This isn't right," John tells Cara. "He wouldn't".

"Yeah John" I whisper before teleporting to Stephen's house. I have to see for myself.

"Stephen!" I shout. Marla appears from the kitchen in her scrubs. What must she think of me, barging in like this?

"Hello, Rachael. Stephen and his co-worker have just gone off to work. Is there anything I can help you with?" she asks.
"Well, would you mind if I sleep here and eat something?" I ask. The safety of a bed and some warm hand cooked food appeal to me right now.

"Of course. How is Jedikiah?" Marla asks.

"I couldn't tell you. He's disappeared".

"Well, I'll ring him. Just go in Stephen's room" she tells me. I walk upstairs and into his room.  It's so messy. There are clothes on the floor and the covers are falling off the bed. His desk is covered with work and pens and pencils. I sit on the bed and take my shoes off before lying on my side, pulling the covers over me.

Rachael, I'd get down here now if I were you.

Cara, what? I sit up and pull my shoes.

Just get down here. You're going to want to hear this.

Right. I run downstairs and see that Marla has left a note saying she's on night duty and that I can raid the kitchen if I want to. I write thanks and teleport down to the subway.

"Hi, guys" I breathe out, tired from running everywhere. "You!" I point at Stephen.

"Hello". He shakes his head at me and I stop from having a conversation with him.

"Anyway, the founder can't be great if he's already making threats," Cara tells Stephen.
"He wants Jedikiah's head on a spike, who can blame him right?" He looks at me as if he's sorry. What has Jed done now?

"Oh so, we're going to trust the founder. He's not serious right" Russell asks.

"Look as far as I'm concerned both the founder and Jedikiah can—".

"Suck it" Tim butts in. I gasp and hold my mouth. The room goes silent and both Cara and Stephen look from Russell to Tim with shock in the eyes.

"I've been teaching him slang. Pretty good huh" Russell says feeling so proud of himself. I shake my head.

"I don't trust either one, but the founder is the only one who can help me, teach me how to master the power to use the machine," Stephen tells us as he walks next to Russell.

"Hang on. How do we even know this machine works? You could die. Films always end up with a machine and the main guy dying. Sorry to be a kill joy" I step in.

"Guys, I think I figured out how to bring my father back" Stephen says out of the blue.

"Wait, how?" Cara asks.

"If I can use the machine to get him out of limbo, I can bring him home. Soon" Stephen smiles.

"Are you high?" Russell questions.