Danger

"Because you were so worried last night and because you had me worried sick as well, how about I treat you to something," John says. We are sitting on the couch with Tim whirring away to himself. Like John had said, Russell and Cara had started taking turns with smaller groups to get food.

I look to John, excited with all the choices I could have. I don't want to miss anything.

"I want a kingsized bed just for me and a proper shower, a really warm one, and some new clothes. I also would love a swimming pool and a pet dog.I'm thinking a pug. A black one."

"Anything else apart from maybe, a jet-ski or a yacht?" John jokes. "Sounds like a bad song."

"Really? I want a yacht," I say excitedly.

"No. I can probably sort out the showers and get you some new clothes but the bed is off as well. Why have a bed when you can sleep on my lap in here? That's the best bed I can think of," he says.

"No fair," I whine. I pout at him and he taps my nose and I push him away. "I'll survive." I can survive on this couch for a while. Especially in John's lap though I'll never let on. John moves off the couch and says, "Tim put a movie on for Rachael till I get back."

"What would you like on, Rachael?" Tim asks in his usual monotone voice.

"Put The Great Gatsby on, please. Love me some Leonardo DiCaprio," I say as I stretch out on the couch. I hear John chuckle before the sound of him teleporting out.

I desperately want to watch this, however, I need to go and do something. Since they've allowed me out once, surely another time won't do any harm especially if I'm in and out without a word. I need to get some things from a home and I will kill for a warm shower.

I sneak into the house and make it halfway up the stairs when I hear a plate clatter to the floor and a motion of steps before mom appears from the kitchen. I raise my hand up to say, 'Hi'.

"I'm sorry, I went on a trip and I forgot to call, my phone went dead," I lie. I need to come up with a full metal story if I'm going to do this. "I'm just popping in before my mates come and pick me up. I need a shower."

"No, no. You are never leaving again. You had me worried sick." She drags me to the couch. "Where the hell have you been? I had the police round and everything. I assume you've seen the flyers." How could I miss them, lying about on the coffee table.

"It's a long story. Honest. But I need a shower, please. I stink." She sniffs the air and nods. How dare she! I hurry upstairs and into my room where I pick up an outfit. I then walk into the bathroom, lock the door and undress. I turn on the tap and step in, feeling the warm water fall on my freezing cold skin. I have definitely missed this. Everything will be better. They'll forget about me, this is better. Oh God, this is better.

"What are you doing?!" I scream and face the wall holding my body. John! Good thing the glass is crystallized so he can't see me clearly. I am naked. In front of my crush and he knows where I live. I only disappeared for five flipping minutes. What do they have on me, a tracker?

"John, what the hell!" I hiss.

"Rachael, are you okay up there?" mom shouts up. I just screamed. Without any cause. Bloody hell, more lies.

"Yes sorry, I pressed the cold water on by accident." I pause, waiting for a reply but it never comes. "John this is a new low even for you," I hiss angrily.

"You shouldn't be here. She's not going to believe you when you leave again. I'm going to have to do something else," he says.

"People disappear all the time. I told her I was on a trip," I state.