Unfolding

Rachael, are you there?

Cara. What's wrong? I sit up from Jed's couch and kick the empty Chinese box into the middle of the floor. I haven't been sleeping but I've eaten everything from the Chinese menu now.

We have a problem. Well, it could be a result but we're not sure. I want you to be involved.

I'm coming down. I teleport down to the subway and walk into the gym area to find Cara, John, Stephen and Russell standing around.

"What's happening?"

"The founder is different. He's not going to hunt us anymore" Stephen says, acknowledging my appearance into the group.

"I'm sorry but we've been hunted down for ages. I don't believe that at all" I say. I can already see how this conversation is going to pan out.

"I don't know but when Cassie got hit, maybe something clicked in him and he's changing" Stephen tries to prove his point. "He wants ceasefire".

"That's a little convenient isn't it, we throw away our spies, our general, our foot soldiers. Just wave the white flag and surrender" Cara says.

"I don't know Cara. But at least he's not Jedikiah" Stephen looks at me quickly before facing Cara again.

I'm not supporting you in this Stephen. He grimaces at my thought.

"Where is our favorite paranormal exterminator these days?" Russell asks sarcastically.

"He's gone. He could be anywhere" Stephen says. I look away when they mention that. He could be anywhere and that's the problem.

"I think we should talk about this later. When we've all come to our senses" Cara says.

"Okay. Just think it over" Stephen says before teleporting out.

"I don't buy it," I say quickly.

"The founder wants a ceasefire. He wants the war to stop" Cara says. "It's all going well for him." She turns towards the office as usual and disappears. I look at Russell who shrugs.

"Hello again" he says. "Thanks for taking care of me."

"It was no problem. You had me worried though." He smirks.

"I'm a tough one. Did you catch what was going on?" he asks. I shake my head and smile.

"It was all a little vague."

"Well, Jedikiah has gone and The Founder has taken over, the one we nearly killed and says that he wants to protect us now, no more Ultra hunting people," John says.

"Okay, and Cara is against this?" I question.

"Well, wouldn't you be. We've been hunted for ages and now they want ceasefire".

"Yeah, I understand". I nod my head as we walk into the main area.

"Who's up for a trip to magic show?" Cara asks, directing it to John.

"But I thought we were going on a date" John asks. I look at them as they exchange glances. He's moved on, I get it. I don't want to go.

"Yeah, Rachael you up for coming?" She grins at me.

"I don't think it's a good idea. Magic tricks just frustrate me."

"Don't be daft. You're coming." I nod quickly with a smile. What drugs are Cara on and where do I get some?

"There's a new outbreak and I want to get him before Ultra find him."

"Oh yeah," John says sarcastically. She grabs him by the shoulder and me by the hand and we flash up top and walk casually into this pub with dark lighting and a huge stage in the center covered by a large sparkly black curtain. Once there Cara grabs us a drink.

"Who's Stephen with?" I ask as I see a blond chick with him. "And why is Stephen here?"

"That's Hilary his partner. I told you, I wanted to get him first," she chuckles. We sit down next to them which is so awkward and I can see it in Stephen's face when he glares at us all. I point to Cara hoping he understands it's her idea, because it is and she's on some sort of drug that's making her think weirdly.

"Who would have thought to find you here?" Cara says sarcastically.

"We better move" Stephen says.

"No stay, come on," Cara begs.  Hilary and Cara stare at each other. Cat fight.

"Oh look the show's starting, wow" Stephen tries to distract them.

"Now for my first trick, and people say I'm mad to perform this first but my ladies here are going to tie me and put me into the box of water and I, being the genius that I am, I am going to get out of it" the magician says. The women ties the jacket around him and then help him into the box and shut the lid. He squirms around before teleporting out. There's our breakout.

"How did he do that?" Cara gasps sarcastically.

"You know full well how he did that" Hilary hisses before dragging Stephen away.

"Let's go" Cara says and we follow her outside where we see Hilary and Stephen already talking to Monty. Cara flashes over and punches Hilary, telling Monty that she was here to help before getting into a massive fight with Hilary. We run up next to Stephen.

"We're watching girls fight" I chuckle.

"Sorry John but I've got to keep my act up" Stephen says out of the blue and punches John. Then those two start to fight. I stand to the side in the shadows watching the fights unfold. The boys, of course were faking it but the girls were really going for it. Then Cara throws Hilary away and grabs Monty. I flash out with John after he punches Stephen one last time.

My cell vibrates while I'm sitting in the subway. A text from Stephen asking him to meet him at home. He probably wants to kick off with me for interrupting his task for Ultra. I quickly teleport to Marla's where I meet Astrid outside staring at her cell.

"Hey, um what are you doing here?" Astrid questions me.

"Stephen texted me" I say as I hold up my phone showing the message.

"He texted me too". We enter the house just as Stephen appears in the entrance.

"What the?" he questions before Luka runs into the room.

"Uncle Jed is talking crazy". Jedikiah walks into the living room still wearing the close he wore when he left me.

"Tell him Stephen".

"Jed says you have powers" Luka says.

"Luka, your uncle is very sick" Stephen says.

"No, come on. Astrid you've been in the middle of this. Tell him". Astrid looks at Jed then at Luka.

"Stephen's right. Your uncle is sick".

"No," Jed says and grabs Luka and puts a gun to his head. He's finally cracked. He's gone insane.

"Stephen, tell him the truth" Jed shouts.

"Luka, it's going to be okay," Stephen tries to calm him.

"Tell him the truth". Just then Stephen whacks the gun out of Jed's hand without even moving and Luka stares at him and then at Jed and then all of us. He staggers over to us. "Thank you for proving my point". Jed stands back. I run over to Jed and shove him back against the wall, furious with him for threatening Luka.

"Leave me, nearly kill Luka. What the hell is wrong with you? Who are you?!" I shout. I turn around just in time to see Luka leave and Astrid says she's going after him.

"I'll come. Wait up" I shout. I look at Stephen.

"Just go find him. I'm sorry" Stephen says. Why is he saying sorry? I run after Astrid leaving the door swinging open.