09 | A Very Special Birthday

= L o r r e l l . 

It was like things couldn't go right. It has been a month since I last talked to my dad. Ironic, isn't it? Not talking to Danny for a month, and the day we make up, it's my dad why does something like that. 

Danny's also not on speaking terms with our dad, but he still goes over every once a week to check up on him. Of course dad stopped drinking a long time ago, but Danny thought that this situation could trigger him into his old ways, and no one needs that. 

In a couple of minutes it would be June fifth- Also known as my birthday. I didn't really know how to feel, to be honest. I was excited to be nineteen.. It gave you a feeling like you were mature. Of course, that feeling appeared when I turned eighteen, but now it felt like I survived my first year of being an adult, and I could handle it. 

At the same time, I felt kinda sad. I've gotten used to the fact that I'd never celebrate my birthday with the whole family again when I was fifteen and my mum walked out on us, but my dad and Danny were my family.. And I didn't have my dad with me. 

I looked around Danny and Kay's guestroom, and after releasing a short sigh, I grabbed a book off the nightstand. Danny and Kay didn't read many books, but this was one of the books they had in their house, and this was one of the only books with an interesting discription. 

As I turned the tenth page the door flew open and revealed a very pregnant Kay, followed by a very Happy Danny, who was wearing a weird birthday hat. 

''Happy Birthday!'' They screamed as they walked in, and I couldn't help but smile. Kay had a cute cupcake in her hands, with a candle that said '19'. 

''You're finally nineteen, ay?'' Danny grinned, sitting down on the edge of the bed. Kay just smiled, standing next to Danny and looking at me. 

''Finally.'' I chuckled. 

''And you're getting more beautiful each day, Lor-'' Kay froze mid-sentence, and carefully placed her hand on her stomach. It wasn't all that long before Danny noticed and turned around to look at her. 

''Kay, what's going on-'' He started, but soon noticed the puddle of water by her feet. ''I guess you're getting a very special present for your birthday, Lorely.'' Danny mumbled dryly while standing up. ''Alright, Lor, can you get the babybag and things you think we'll need while I help Kay change so we can go to the hospital?'' He said quite calmly- Something I didn't expect. 

''Of course.'' I nodded, noticing how Kay's breath picked up a bit. Danny walked her out of the room, and I followed them, but instead of following them into their bedroom I walked into the bathroom. I grabbed a towell, walked back to my room, and cleaned the floor, knowing it would take some time before Kay changed into a new pair of pants. 

I quickly brushed my hair, and was quite thankful for my choice of pajamas. It were simple joggers and a shirt. I put on my shoes, grabbed my own back, and threw some things in it. In seconds I was out of my room and walked over to the babyroom where I got the babybag- knowing everything they needed for the baby was in there already. 

I raced down the stairs and was surprised by seeing Danny helping Kay into the car already. When he was done and saw me standing at the door opening he held out his hand for the bag, but I shook my head. 

''I'm coming with you. I won't stay with you, but I just want to be around the hospital. I can always go to the Children's hospital on the other side of the road.'' I explained quickly, getting into the car without waiting for Danny to say something. 

Soon enough we were off to the hospital, and I've never seen Danny drive this fast. It was a bit scary, but it was obvious why he did it, and Danny would never show with words how nervous he was. Kay puffed out small breaths, and I really wished I could help, it was Kay after all, but I knew nothing about a baby's birth.