01 | Facebook

I rewrote this multiple times. Some in first person, some in third, and I went crazy because I don't like the feeling of not knowing what to do, and what would be better. Decided to go with first person, hope it all wrks out. 

____ 

 = L o r r e l l . 

I looked at the friend-request for the tenth time that day, and still frowned at it. I didn't understand it, and it was out of nowhere. Who was this guy? I didn't know him, and if he was a friend of my brother I'd remember him from when I was younger. 

Harris Stone.

It was a special name, not one I've heard before. But what if the guy knew me, while I never gave him a second look? Yeah, like that would happen. I'm as invisible as the boyband I wished was next to me right now. 

I sighed and decided to just accept the friend-request. If it was another bully under a fake-name, then so be it. 

After accepting it, it didn't take long for me to get distracted. I heard voices downstairs, and that was unusual because I lived alone with my dad since my brother moved out. I left my laptop like it was, and made my way downstairs. 

''Dann?'' I called out, I looked around the livingroom when I arrived there, not knowing if I just imagined hearing my brothers voice. 

''Lorely!'' My older brother grinned when he appeared in the livingroom, greeting me with my ridiculous nickname, one he gave me when we were younger. I let out a short laugh, walked up to him, and wrapped my arms around him for a quick hug. 

''I've missed you.'' I smiled, and took a step back again. 

''Look who's with me.'' Danny grinned, and a beautiful girl appeared. The only woman I look up too. My brother's fiancee. 

''Hey there, Kay.'' I grinned, and looked at her. ''You're getting bigger, I mean, it looks like you're about to pop.'' 

''Well, only two months left.'' she beamed, and looked over at Danny with a loving smile. It was disgustingly sweet. 

I looked back at my brother, and was quite surprised to see him in a police uniform. I frowned for a moment, because the last thing I remembered was him applying for the job.

''Danny, please tell me the uniform is for a job I don't know about, and not for a secret kink Kay has?'' I asked quietly, not knowing if I should be asking this. 

Danny looked at me with a grin on his face, walked over to me, and pressed a kiss on my forehead. ''Good to be back.'' he laughed, and looked over at Kay.  ''Should we tell her about the movie full of kinks, or..?'' He asked teasingly, and looked back at me. ''No, I actually have a job.'' 

''Oh my gosh.'' I mumbled, and looked over Danny's shoulder to see that Kay's cheeks were bright red. ''I didn't expect an answer like that.'' 

''Which one?'' Danny raised his eyebrows, looking at me, but secretly already knowing the answer. 

''Nope, not gonna repeat it. Not gonna happen. Hey Kay, don't you think my name should be the kid's second name? I mean, if it's a girl..'' I changed the subject, and took a few steps forward to Kay. 

''It's not gonna work, babe.'' she smiled at me, which resulted at me pouting at her. ''Danny already warned me for that pout of yours.'' she laughed, and walked over to the couch where she sat down. 

''Fine.'' I mumbled stubbornly. I know it was their kid, but I was really curious about the gender, and if she'd let the name slip, I'd know if it would be a girl or a boy. 

''Is she bothering you?'' my brother asked his girl, who just shook her head. ''Wish she was,'' he mumbled, and looked at me, ''That way I could tell her that she was the one who has to do everything today.'' 

''I'd be the one doing everything, anyway.'' I rolled my eyes, and the moment I walked over to the couch, my dad walked into the livingroom. 

''Lorrell, sweetie, would you mind getting us something to drink? And Danny, go help your sister, she's too small to get to the top shelf.. That way I can coax my daughter-in-law into telling me the gender of my grand child.'' My dad laughed as Danny and I rolled our eyes at his request, but made our way to the kitchen nontheless. 

''Nice try, dad, you're not getting a thing out of her.'' Danny said the second before he walked into the kitchen. I just followed him with a smile on my face. It was nice to see this, the talks between my dad and Danny. I know he's engaged and all, but there are times I wished that he still lived here, with dad and I.. It may sound selfish, but it gets lonely without him here. 

I grabbed the glasses while Danny grabbed the drinks. A bottle of something with alcohol in it from the top shelf, and some apple juice from the fridge. With these things in our hands we walked back into the livingroom, and placed it all on the table, where Danny poured the drinks into the glasses. Two with alcohol in it, and two with apple juice.

I knew my father still saw me as his little girl, one with pig tails and bows in her hair, which was the reason why he kept the alcohol on the top shelf. He had to see Danny leave the house, and I guess he's scared that the older I get, the more I want to leave.

Since Kay sat next to my dad, probably because of the small chat they just had, Danny and I sat down on the second couch. 

''I just can't believe it that Lorrell's gonna turn nineteen soon, and that Danny's already twenty-four..'' my dad mumbled to Kay, because it would be quite weird if he talked to us as if we weren't there. He looked over at the wall, and I didn't even had to look to know what he was looking at- The family picture of us three, a year after mum left. 

I looked at Danny for a moment, only to see him also staring at the family picture. If it was about feelings, we were quite alike- We both didn't like talking about them, which was a reason we just didn't. At this point I didn't know if he felt anger towards our mum for leaving us, or if he was sad that she actually took off with another man. 

 ''Lorrell's turning into a lady.'' Kay smiled at me, even though I knew it was an answer to what my dad said seconds ago. 

''Don't remind me,'' my dad laughed. He took his eyes off the picture and took one of the glasses with alcohol in it in his hands, ''Cheers.'' he murmered, before bringing it to his mouth and taking a sip. 

 Danny was soon to follow, while Kay and I just had our apple juice. 

Later that night around nine, Danny and Kay left. I was sad they left because I loved it when they were around, but at the same time I was extremely tired and couldn't wait to get into bed, so I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and went upstairs. 

The moment I walked into my room, a not-so familiar sound caught my attention, but it wasn't long before I knew it was my laptop, which resulted in me walking over to my desk and falling into the chair standing there. 

All of my tabs were still open, including Facebook, so it wasn't that hard to see the sound came from there, but wat confused me is the fact that he started a conversation- A normal conversation. No hateful words, no insults, no nothing.. So he wasn't someone from school.

Harris: Hiiiii.

______________

Yes, I know there was an authors note up there, but alright. I know this is a bit short- the reason why I chose for it to be probably a short story, because the longer I write the chapters, the harder it gets, and the more I mess up words. I wanted this to be an easy chapter, just showing the things between her and her family, because I wanted it to start of with something happy, and her family is obviously important to her.  VoteComment, and be nice. Oh, and if you see a mistake or something, just tell me so I can edit it, haha. How I imagine Lorrell on the side, or the multimedia section thingy. 

Next to that, Thank You. The reads and votes and comments for only a prologue? I mean, woah. I feel kinda selfish right now, because I decided to make it a short story- as in short chapters, I don't know about how many chapters yet-, but- thank you so much.