epilogue

[Wow. Here it is! Thank you all for joining me on this long, wonderful experience. I enjoyed writing this book so much, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Also, I'm staring a new fantasy Larry fan fiction called Allies. Please check it out!]

Epilogue

Whitehall, Montana, 2018

"Louis!" Harry calls out, voice muffled around the toothbrush in his mouth. He pokes his head into Louis's office and frowns at the sight of his boyfriend sitting at his desk, typing up paperwork. He's still wearing his robe, hair wet and freshly-washed.

"What, love?" he asks, eyes not leaving his laptop screen.

"You're not even dressed yet!" Harry scoffs. "Have you seen my button-up top? The one with the flowers?"

Louis smiles. "It's in the closet, babe."

Harry rolls his eyes and momentarily disappears into their bedroom. He finds his shirt and slips it over his bare chest, quickly buttoning it. He then finishes brushing his teeth in the bathroom and gargles some mouthwash before spitting it into the sink, watching the green liquid swirl down the drain.

He returns to Louis's office, flattening his palms down his shirt to fix the wrinkles. He's still sitting at the desk reading emails, still undressed. Harry leans against the doorframe and sighs disapprovingly.

"Hurry up, Lou. We're gonna be late."

Louis spins around in his chair to face him. "The store doesn't officially open until ten o'clock."

"But I wanna get there early," Harry pouts. "My whole family's gonna be there."

"They really didn't have to fly all the way here for this," Louis huffs, tilting his head. "It's not a big deal."

"It is a big deal!" Harry assures, bracing his hands on Louis's shoulders. "You're starting a new business. We're starting a new business. Besides, you're the one who invited them."

Louis smiles sheepishly, reaching over to place his hand on Harry's. He squeezes it softly. "It's a bookstore, Harry, not a giant corporation."

"Not yet," Harry corrects, smirking. He sits himself in Louis's lap, straddling his waist with his thighs planted on either side of him.

"You're ridiculous."

"Maybe so," Harry admits, pecking his lips. "But I also love you."

"I love you, too," Louis says quietly. He softly places his palm against the side of Harry's neck, rubbing his thumb over the faded scar in his pale skin.

Harry leans into his touch. Louis's eyes are bright silver, almost white, and he knows they'll need to eat soon. It's been over a month since their last meal, when they broke into the house of a pedophile in Missoula and killed him in the middle of the night. They can both feel the hunger crawling in their stomachs.

"We'll go to the prison in Billings after your family goes back home," Louis says, reading his thoughts.

Harry swipes his tongue over his fangs. "Okay."

Louis kisses his cheek before patting his boyfriend's thighs. "Now get up, bubs. Let me get dressed."

°°°

A few months prior, Louis had purchased a closed antique store in downtown Whitehall. It was in rough shape and in desperate need of some work and construction, but he somehow managed to transform it into a comfy, cozy bookstore with the help of Harry's keen eye for design. Louis was becoming the best businessman in the town, after investing in a small diner and a movie theater.