chapter twenty

Chapter Twenty

"Lou," Harry murmurs, slipping his cold feet between Louis's calves. The weight of his arm curls around his waist, holding him close, with his back pressed to his chest. It seems peculiar to be cuddling with someone at this ungodly hour of the morning. Usually, his adulterous customers kick him out by sunrise. "Can you close the curtains, please? It hurts."

Bright sunlight filters through the large window, illuminating Louis's king-sized bed, making Harry's skin sting. It feels like an intense sunburn. He already had sensitive skin before he became a vampire, so the brightness is practically unbearable now. He just wants to curl under the covers and hide, maybe for eternity.

"Alright, babe," Louis hums, releasing his grasp.

He presses a soft kiss to Harry's shoulder before he climbs out of bed and stumbles over towards the window. He shuts the navy blue curtains, sealing out all the light and plunging the room into darkness. Harry lets out a sigh of relief and flops onto his back, spreading his long limbs like a starfish. He tilts his head and glances at Louis, who stares at him from across the room, completely naked. Harry licks his lips.

"Mornin'," he croaks, voice rough and gravely.

Louis smiles and perches at the edge of the bed. "How are you feeling, love?"

"A bit sore," Harry chuckles dryly, "but I'm okay."

Louis pouts a little. "I'm sorry. Do you want a massage?"

Harry huffs. It's a tempting offer, but he doesn't want to sprout an accidental boner from Louis massaging his bum. That'd be completely humiliating.

"I'm fine. Kinda just wanna take a bath and rest. I have to work tonight, but we can be lazy until then, right?"

"Right," Louis echos, eyes crinkling. "That sounds perfect, darling. I'll go run you a bubble bath whilst you relax. Do you prefer vanilla or lavender soap?"

"Lavender, please," Harry grins.

Louis nods, kisses his forehead, and stands up wearily. He slips on his boxers that he left on the floor and paces towards the bathroom. The plush carpet squishes between his tiny toes. Harry bites his lip with his fangs and watches his plump arse. Damn, he's so lucky.

"Oh, and Lou?" Harry mumbles.

Louis turns around on his heel, eyebrows raised. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Do you have that shampoo I like? The kind that smells like the ocean?"

Louis shakes his head fondly. "Yes, H."

"Okay," Harry giggles, pulling the white sheet up to his chin. "Thanks."

Louis just rolls his eyes and steps into the bathroom, padding over the icy tiles. The air feels significantly colder than in the bedroom. His bathtub is an antique contrast to the rest of his modern cabin, complete with golden clawfeet and old porcelain. He twists the silver knob towards the red indicator, then plugs up the drain when the water feels warm enough. He pours in some lavender soap and swirls it around with his hands, causing white bubbles to rise to the surface. It smells heavenly. He even adds some dissolvable rose petals that fizzle and carry a heavy fragrance. He suppresses the urge to crack a joke about Harry bathing in roses, since he chose Rose as a pseudonym.

He returns to the bedroom, where Harry lies on the unmade bed, tapping away at his phone. The glow of his screen makes his skin look blue-tinted. Louis smiles and leans up against the doorway. When Harry doesn't notice him, he clears his throat.